Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2024 Co Antrim

Hen do issues

Lauren, 9 of November of 2023 at 20:32 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hey

I had a total of five bridesmaids and my wedding is. In Italy next year in April and we have been trying to plan a weekend away with myself and the bridal party. I had five bridesmaids one is my partners cousin one is my sister and the other three were my close friends.
Unfortunately my partners cousin can’t attend the away hen to Manchester and my friend has completely pulled a 180 said she can’t afford my hen or my wedding and we haven’t spoken since.
Should I cancel the hen all together? Is it silly to just have a hen consisting of me and 3 other girls just feels too silly walking about in a veil with such a small squad around me. It’s so silly. But my other half has a group of ten men to spain for a week and they have paid for his whole trip and I’m so happy for him just feel a bit sad about my own situation.
Has anyone else planned a small hen before? If so do you have any tips?
Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Lea, 12 of November of 2023 at 16:01
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I don't think it matters how many people you have at your hen do as long as they all make you feel super special 😁. What was your thinking for only have bridesmaids at your hen party? Is it possible you invite other friends along? I've heard of people having multiple hen parties i.e. one for older women like mom's, nans and aunties which is usually a spa trip or afternoon tea and then a hen party that might be a bit wilder for others. Totally up to you, no rules! Men have different friendships to women anyway so stag dos and hen dos will be different. Your wedding in Italy sounds gorgeous.
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Lauren no! Don’t cancel! My best friend, we had a mini hen for the bridal party abroad and there were only 3 of us. Her hen in her home town had 12 and I must say the mini one was better! Wear your veil and have the best weekend!
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I only had 3 girls at my hen do. Not a problem at all. Don't cancel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics