Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner March 2021

Hen do letdowns

RomanticGreenConfetti30121, 24 of November of 2019 at 23:54 Posted on Planning 0

So my MOH and bridesmaids have started organising my away hen party. As I have a big family the number of people I needed to invite was quite a large number. I’ve sent out a text to everyone to see whether they thought they could make it and the majority said yes. My MOH and bridesmaids have then created a private chat and I’m now informed hardly any of my friends can come. I’m really upset and disappointed by this as I’ve made such an effort with them in the past. I’m so disappointed that I’ve actually crossed them all off of the day time guest list. I can’t help but feel upset - am I being unreasonable? Has anyone else had this same problem?

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn’t say you’re being unreasonable but you called it an away hen party. Does that mean it’s abroad? A lot of people simply can’t afford to go to a hen party as well as a wedding. Weddings are expensive for guests to attend by the time they’ve bought you a gift, bought their outfits, hair, nails, transport there, transport back, accommodation, babysitters. Maybe they’ve made the choice to come to wedding rather than the hen party. I wouldn’t hold it against them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics