Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2013

Hen do party bags

poochy, 28 of February of 2013 at 15:05 Posted on Planning 0 19

Im thinking of doing party bags for my hen weekend. Is anybody else thinking of this and what sort of thing are you putting into them?

19 replies

Latest activity by Skinnyrock, 3 of March of 2013 at 09:39
  • skinnyboyweddings
    skinnyboyweddings ·
    • Hide content

What a wonderful idea! I'm organising my best friends Hen for this Summer and might have to 'borrow' your idea!

What do you have planned for your weekend?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Mini bottle of fizz?

Jokey things like willy straws?

Sweets/chocolate?

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not doing a party bag as such, but everyone is getting a chocolate hen and a BarryM nail varnish (haven't actually bought the nail varnish yet and we're going tomorrow!!)

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I replied to thread about party bags here, it may have some info that is useful:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/367900.aspx

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

My MOH made some for my hen do, and we had; dare cards, willy straws, will it cocktail stirrers, shoe cocktail stirrers, shot glasses, willy whistle, bubbles, badges and a scratch card full of dares. X

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replying. Your party bags sound great. Did everyone get involved with the games? Some of the people coming with me are alot older than me.

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a great idea. Dont know if i dare ask for freebies at the big store beauty counters x

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most people did, yeah. They were all the same age(ish) but I think older people do love it too! Also one girl wouldn't participate, so she just gave her dare to someone else, but enjoyed watching and laughing. Smiley smile x

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I think this is a great idea!!!

Also I've never had any problem with people joining in games, I find also if there are older people there that a hen night may be more of a novelty to them (as in, my group of friends go to many). My mum and my aunt on the other hand hadn't been to a 'modern' style hen party before and loved it!

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

I have never though of this idea but it is fantastic!! ;-)

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry if you don't want to ask at department stores, if you have a bit of time you can collect samples from magazines and ask a few people to do the same for you. Look out for offers for free trials and send away for those samples!

If you don't manage to get samples, you can keep an eye out for packs of small bottles of toiletries you can split. My favourite shops for finding things like this are: B&M, HomeBargains and poundshops. You can get 5 packs of lipbalms and split for example. Not free, but you could include a couple of bits in each bag if you have the budget. B&M do a pack of 10 bathsalt cones for £1.50, look out for that kind of thing to split for low cost.

I'm doing a hen next week but unfortunately I'm a bit limited as I'll be handing the bags out when we are already on the night out so the hens would have to carry them for the rest of the night, which is annoying, much better if the could be left in a hotel room and taken home the next day! So I'm only including things that can be put on and worn or consumed.

Think about how you can add value to things that don't cost a lot and make them look special. We are going to the theatre so I've made us sweetie bags. I used cello cones (disposable piping bags from the pound shop) and filled with sweeties I'd bought in big boxes. They ended up costing around £1 each, and look much more than the equivilent of a £1 bag of other sweeties I could have included.

Sorry the pic is so dark:

I've also in the past done an 'emergency pack' which was a pack of parcetamol (16p Asda etc) a condom, some plasters and some tissues, all in a cello bag with a homemade label. This takes up quite a bit of room in the bag, for little cost!

Ebay is the place for most things too! You can buy plain paper bags that you can then decorate, or print out something from the computer and stick on. Poundland do great packs of stick on diamantees - I stick them to everyting for added bling!

Sorry to ramble, party bags are my thing!!!!

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

Dear always the bridesmaid,

Thanks so much for the reply. You have so many ideas and they sound great. Wish my bridesmaids had your enthusiasm, they arent doing anything including not coming on my hen weekend. You should be a party planner. I will definatley use some of your ideas. Thanks so much! xx

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

You can get mini bath salts from places like eBay which would be nice Smiley smile I'm thinking if getting some as favours.

• NotJustForHIre
    NotJustForHIre ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen these they are very cool. Ideal for a hen night. They contain four games

Game 1: Pair up famous lover
    Game 2: Forget, Fling, Forever
    Game 3: Scratch-card Trivia
    Game 4: Pearls of Wisdom

They are lovely and new to our site.

We also have some great photo booth kits which make great ideas for photos at hen nights.

We also have a discount through hitched at the moment quote Hitched5 to get 5% off.

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Shauna908 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya!

i made up hen party bags for my sisters hen party last feb and I'm so glad I did it, although it took a lot of time and some money it was so worth it! I picked pink and black bags off eBay and put in a small bottle of champagne, a naughty straw, a homemade cupcake in an individual box, small bath bombs (b and m bargains) I bought old school candy bags and filled them with different sweets and Lolly's, got the wee personalised love hearts for her and also made wine charms for everyone (and I'm not very arty!!) I then put a wee label on each bag with lous hen party and on the back where we were staying and which room each girl was in so it was all organised for when we arrived! Loved it!!

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Shauna908 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and some all important shot glasses that where on a necklace!

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Put kids plasters in... Sounds random, but great for sore feet in heels.

I was buying peppa pig ones the other day hahaha x

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES! I've got a few of these from some hen nights, so useful... Lol x

• Skinnyrock
    Dedicated July 2023 Suffolk
    Skinnyrock ·
    • Hide content

I made goodie bags for my best friends wedding last year and I also put in glow sticks and then some colourful confetti as well. The bags went done really well so it's well worth the effort!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics