Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

Hen Do with a VERY pregnant friend...

Arquard, 18 October, 2010 at 10:05 Posted on Planning 0 10

Ok, so my SIL2b is pregnant and the baby is due 3 weeks before the wedding which is the same weekend we'd planned for my Hen Do. She's not able to be my bridesmaid anymore but I still really want her at my Hen party. I'm perfectly happy to bring it forward by a few weeks so she can enjoy stuff without being too uncomfortable or in imminent danger of going into labour, but I need some tips of fun hen stuff that's also appropriate for an 7 or 8 months pregnant woman.

I'm thinking spa day... massages and general pampering for all; champers for those of us not upty-dufty. Then maybe a nice meal somewhere in the evening. It's a big change from the burlesque class and cocktail night we were planning, but i don't want to leave SIL2b out or have her dragged along to anything risky/uncomfortable.

10 replies

Latest activity by nicky1980, 18 October, 2010 at 21:33
  • Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

Could you still do the cocktail night but try to incorporate lots of non alcoholic cocktails maybe? Other than that I'd suggest a nice meal.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we could still do cocktails. The original plan was to do all this in Central London y'see, but I'm think that might be a bit much for an 8 months pregnant lady. When I was that pregnant, I went to the theatre in the West End and the crowds utterly freaked me out. I never normally batted an eyelid at them! I want her to relax and have a good time too so need to keep it quiet I think.

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

Yeah that's a good point. I don't like crowds at the best of times and I'm not pregnant ?. A spa day might be quite nice, she could have some 'mum to be' treatments.

• loobylou1979
    Beginner February 2011
    loobylou1979 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having the same prob sammyjay...but will have FIVE pregant ladies at mine in November. My BM has had to rethink plans of dancing too,we were thinking a change to cocktails though...could make non alcoholic ones? We'll then be having a meal and drinks in the evening too.

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Cocktail making is a fail safe one, thou she may not want to hang around people getting hugely tipsy either.

Afternoon tea with cakes and sarnies in a posh place could be fun? Relaxing too!

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

If you are like me and very into all things Vintagey I can recommend an event called Tart at 40Winks. (40Winks) My husband booked me a ticket as a birthday treat but there was a hen party there too including one very pregnant lady. I think it takes place on a Saturday afternoon, once a month, but does get booked up quickly. It's an afternoon at the guest house/home of interior designer David Carter. We were treated to a cocktail masterclass, afternoon tea by Vintage Patisserie (from Dragons' Den fame), pampering, Angel reading, vintage makeover and dressing up etc. You get given a fabulous goodie bag and chance to win the "queen of tarts" prize (when I went the prize was a bespoke corset by "whatkatydid.") I think all the ladies from the hen-do went on to a meal afterwards. Here's my experience: my blog review but if you google 'Tart at 40winks' you'll get lots of blog reviews. Just a thought if you wanted something a little different ?

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

Prettywild, that looks really good!

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Thank you December1984. I really enjoyed it!

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the type of pregnant person she is. My friend was 8 months pregnant when she came to my sisters hen do and we did a James Bond thing which involved some running around but as she is generally very fit, she was absoloutely fine!

Some options are cream tea afternoon, cupcake making class, jewellery making class, spa day, out for dinner and then a bar that she can sit down in.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, they are great suggestions. I think the afternoon tea would be difficult though (as lovely as it sounds) because both she and I are lactose-intolerant so wouldn't be able to eat a lot of the stuff! Jewellery-making class sounds cool though! Will google all these things :-D

• nicky1980
    Beginner February 2011
    nicky1980 ·
    • Hide content

My sister and friend will both be very pregnant for my hen do and the way my friends are going a few others will be to!! We're going to a cottage and being pampered as well as wine tasting then a big dinner together. This works well for us as my mum can't walk far and it means everyone can go to bed whenever they feel the need!

Spa day sounds nice though they're so relaxing!

Have fun with it!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics