Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jodie_174
Beginner June 2013

Hen Do's in Manchester - HELP

jodie_174, 28 March, 2013 at 17:03 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All,

I need some help/ideas for places to go for a meal and cocktails in manchester. I don't want to go into town so I am thinking areas such as didsbury or hale.

We are having a spa day for the nearest and dearest and then going out in the evening (not clubbing). I need somewhere that is reasonably priced that caters to large groups!

Any ideas of suggestions?!?!

Thank you all!

3 replies

Latest activity by mummymrs2b, 1 April, 2013 at 16:38
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Didsbury has a Piccolinos, which is always a safe bet for reasonable (and reasonably-priced) food. Also, big parties are practically the norm - loud noise is not a problem here. The remainder of the restaurants in Didsbury tend to the hushed and intimate. Or the vegetarian (Greens) which is utterly delightful but will hack off some.

There's a cocktail bar on the corner called One Lounge, which is ace. Happy Hour from 5-7 and they have DJs etc playing background music until late. The Metropolitan over the road is for beautiful people only (which we all are, of course) and is very lively at night - you won't get a seat though. I can recommend the Railway as well - it's definitely a bit of an outsider in the Didsbury stakes (more "old man glam" than "party glam") but it's run by a local brewery so it's dirt dirt cheap. They have a massive space at the back where we've taken over for Christmas quizzes etc, so if you had any games/quizzes going on, it's ideal.

Have just thought - did you mean East Didsbury (the above is West, much nicer)? If you want East, there's the usual array of Hogshead/.Slug and Lettuce type bars....

• jodie_174
    Beginner June 2013
    jodie_174 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I had thought of Piccolinos as theres one in didsbury and hale!

Definitely West!

Thanks foe the suggestions!

• J
    Beginner November 2013
    jesswall85 ·
    • Hide content

Crazy Wendy's is great for a hen do - it's a thai / karaoke restaurant - reallt good fun and you can really let your hair down! It's in Didsbury so there are loads of bars nearby to head to after and prices start from around £20 per person for a set meal.

Wherever you choose have a great night!

x

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen do in Manchester & went to piccolinos. It was lovely & everyone enjoyed it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics