Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hoddy
Beginner July 2014

Hen ideas with your mum

Hoddy, 25 April, 2013 at 11:00 Posted on Planning 0 17

Does anyone have any ideas for hen do's which can include your mum and your mum in law to be? Nothing Ann Summers, as MIL definitely would not be happy! And I'm not into spa days.

I was thinking a meal out but I want something to remember with my girls. I can go for a meal any day of the week! And not a fan of nightlife/clubbing/drinking.

Please help the most boring bride to be the world has ever seen!!!

17 replies

Latest activity by Hoddy, 25 April, 2013 at 15:37
  • INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

We had a meal with everyone within a nightclub place then some could go home and the party animals could stay Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Afternoon tea?

Pottery class?

Day trip (theme park/zoo etc)?

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I went for a high tea at the place we were having our meal. I went with my mum and brother and it was lovely.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Ooh kharv I hadn't thought of doing some sort of class.. That sounds quite interesting.

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be watching these relies too!! My sister is organising my local hen which I believe even includes my Nans! Meal somewhere and then out after for those who fancy it but my MiL is going on holiday when we're having it so I'm thinking of doing something with her and my mom when OH goes on stag. What is the big question though. Any pampering things arw out, nothing active, so it looks like food or food for us but it also needs to be super cheap as I will be royally skint by then!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

When I was a bridesmaid for my cousin, my mum, my two aunts and the grooms mum all came on the hen party. We did a pre organised party night in a hotel - it worked really well. We had a meal then there was a live band playing afterwards. Great to stay in the same place, and it's more than a meal because you can dance afterwards! People can then drink as much/little as they like, have a nice meal and a dance, or sit and chat if they'd rather!

My mum fell asleep in her dinner after too much wine, but that's another story!....

If you'd rather stay in, you could rent an apartment or a chalet, and everyone could bring food / order pizza and you could play party games? They don't need to be rude or inappropriate. I've never been on hen parties when the games have been too rude for mums anyway - but perhaps we are just tame hens, or my mum is too easy going! I put condoms in goodie bags that she had once. She just said it was disgusting so she threw it in the bin, but wasn't offended by it!!!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

There was a few threads on here before on hen nights that had some good ideas - have a look!

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/378176.aspx

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/372299.aspx

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    minuet ·
    • Hide content

My lovely maids have organised a day at the races and nice dinner afterwards. Mums/aunties are then retiring back to the hotel whilst the rest of us go on for drinks.

We're going to a big race day but I think tickets for usual meetings are quite reasonable and minimum bet is £2.00

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There would be quite a few possibilities, I would think. Glass painting, cupcake making, jewellery making, graffiti class etc!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Afternoon tea is another good suggestion, forgot about that! I've also organised one that mums came to (that's why they call me ATB!) in a room in a village hall and did the food / cocktails in teapots etc. myself. Very relaxed and fun and a nice afternoon out for all ranges of ages!

• hannahmayphotography
    hannahmayphotography ·
    • Hide content

I'm not too sure when you're wedding is, but we went to Ascot! Was a great reason to get dressed up, picnic etc. Was really lovely :-)

Classes sound like a fab idea! You could think about a show and a meal? Not too certain! (For someone who also isn't a fan of nightlife/clubbing/drinking I know exactly how much harder it makes!)

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We went to a knicker making workshop! It was so much fun.

On the Friday evening, we just went out for a meal. The youngsters stayed out for cocktails and the oldies (mum, MIL and auntie) went home. On the Saturday after the class, we went for lunch, then had free time for shopping, chilling, then had food and games in the apartment then went to a place where we had a private karaoke booth. The youngies then went onto a club and the oldies went home.

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Were doing a cocktail making class followed by a meal, bar and club so the oldies can do the first bit :-)

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Were doing a cocktail making class followed by a meal, bar and club so the oldies can do the first bit :-)

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

Another ladies day hen do here, we are going to chester and then going for a hardcore night-out after, mums can go back to their hotel whenever.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I went to a comedy club and they served food there too. We had a really good time!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the lovely ideas ladies, definitely got some ideas to discuss now . Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics