Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Hen invites

Kayleigh, 12 of June of 2022 at 19:20 Posted on Planning 0 5
I know the etiquette around wedding invitations but what about hen invites? My moh is planning it but I'm sending the invites as most of the people are work friends she doesn't know. Because of booking and stuff for her, when do you think is the right time to start giving them out? Theres about 15 months until the hen xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Dync, 14 of June of 2022 at 04:53
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I would take into account the cost of the hen do for each person invited, is it something they are potentially going to have to save for, is it close to any events next year that they'll be paying for, things like that. On the other hand, are you going to be inviting people that you may not be as close to next year and not actually want there when the time comes x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would put the feelers out now and get her to give them idea of costing and dates etc, and give them 3 months to reply before she books. I only had a small hen of 6 as I didn't want a massive amount of people and was mindful of the cost, i had 10 people originally but 4 couldn't make it due to cost and being away for a few nights from the kids etc. At least if she can get an idea now that will help shape the actual do. You could set up a whatsapp group and then assign the admin to her and leave so she can manage from there

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    Hey

I didn't know hen invites were a thing🙈 when my sister's were planning mine they asked me who to invite and I have names and numbers. My sisters and friends are all on a group chat having great crack bouncing ideas off eachother and leaving me out of the fun for now. They also split the cost of the hen into 3 smaller payment a few months apart so people weren't expected to pay full balance up front. I think this is working for people . Hope you have a fab hen . I know I can't wait for mine in August 😊
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I've just made sure my MOH has names and any numbers he didn't already know and is taking it from there! He told me when he needed my final decision on who I want there so maybe check in with your MOH on what they would find most helpful from you?

• Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you 🥰
    I think I may skip the invites and do the group chat thing instead... Will make it alot simpler. Thank you! Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics