Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2010

Hen night / day expectations?

Karen1980, 18 of February of 2010 at 07:11 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has any expectations of their hen night?

I went to a spa / healthclub with H2B on valentines day and had a lovely time!!

Have been thinking of doing something like this on my hen day followed by a meal and dancing in London..

I was taling to my sister about it at the weekend and realised that im expected to do the driving to the spa.. might not sound too bad but I have a mini (old one) so struggle with more than 2 people in the car, and I only ever drive 2 miles a day not the 20 odd each way to the spa on the motorway! eek!!

I stupidly thouoght that i wouldnt be expected to ferry the party around but it seems that my expectation was way off mark ?

I might suggest a taxi around it and get one big enough to have everyone in that..

Any ideas of suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Mrs S*, 18 of February of 2010 at 11:15
  • Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's unreasonable not to want to drive on your hen! I think a taxi would be better incase you want to have champagne etc- how many of you would there be? I'm assuming more than can fit in a mini? And you want to be having girly giggles, not stressing about motorways!!

None of my hens would expect me to drive- we are going to the zoo and then out in London. Xxx

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

Thats good news as I thought I was being a brdezilla!!

My sister can drive but said its too expensive for her to drive from her house in kingston to kent so will get the train.

My mum doesnt drive and my aunti hates driving which leaves my cousin or my friend (who also hates driving).

I think taxi enquiries could be the way to go!

Thanks

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I think it's perfectly fair not to expect to operate a taxi service on your hen night...

However, if you don't drive, then it can be very awkward/expensive getting a taxi for 20 miles (sorry if I've misunderstood, and it's closer to the station, but 20 from you Smiley smile ). I'd suggest either a seven seater cab (if that'll contain everyone) and everyone could meet at the nearest station to get it, or alternatively is there a spa closer to the station/centre of town?

My friend had her's at a spa, and I just got a taxi from the station, but that was only about 4 miles.

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Do not drive!! That's an order! You have to have champagne at the spa! Look into taxis and mini buses. I said i would drive the people near me to my parents (150 miles!) then we'll figure out transport from there. That's because trains are impossible and we'll go before the hen party and sleep at my parents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics