Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Hen Night Dress up ideas

warlycarly, 26 September, 2011 at 01:02 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello all.

I know its a fair way off yet, but i am trying to come up with CHEAP hen night dress up ideas. I wasnt something that everyone can afford, as I don't want people to not come because they can't afford an outfit, so ideas please. Thank in advance.xxx

13 replies

Latest activity by Butterflycake, 26 September, 2011 at 22:02
  • Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

What does your H2B do for a living? I've been on a hen night where we all dressed up as police officers beause, well, guess what he does for a living! That was cheap enough to do - just a shirt and a skirt, plus plastic handcuffs and a hat from a fancy dress shop.

Alternativey there's dressing up from the year (decade) you were born? I've had a top night out with my hair crimped wearing legwarmers (I'm an 80s child!).

Or there's the fail-safe matching t-shirts option? You can get them specially printed or just wear sashes if t-shirts prove too costly?

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

My friend is having her nen night on Saturday and is making us all dress up - luckily though there is no theme. Personally I think dressing up is bad enough without having a theme but if you really want one..........schoolgirls (easy and cheap enough), characters from films, angels/fairies, animal print...........disco divas..........

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

We dressed up as where's wally for my hen and it was really cheap to do. Blue leggings £3 and stripey top £1.50 from primark. Hat and glasses were £5. It was really fun to do, strangers kept asking us for photos!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Hows about old ladies- clothes from charity shop cheap enough? i love the where's wally one! or like another poster said just glam up and wear sashes Smiley smile

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a 'posh frock' party - nearly every woman has a really nice dress (prom/ballgown/bridesmaid etc) that they have only worn once, so I thought the idea of wearing it again would be fun. One of my friends is wearing her wedding dress.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 3 outfits for my hen weekend: Where's wally, cave girls and a uv/neon night.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I like the posh frock idea, or just pick a colour, ask everyone to wear something pink for example, how about the same colour as your colour scheme?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I went to one recently where the theme was cowgirls. It was fairly easy and even those (like me) who don't 'do' fancy dress managed to put a check shirt on, jeans and a cowboy hat.

• Natalie2011
    Beginner September 2012
    Natalie2011 ·
    • Hide content

We did burlesque. that was relatively cheap and people could be as elaborate or as basic as they wanted.

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, you have certainly given me some ideas.. xx

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Who says you have to have fancy dress at all? Don't if you don't want to.

If you do though, I would definitely recommend setting a theme - it's too wide not to.

How about things starting with the letter of your name or even your new surname? I did one this weekend which was characters from kids TV programmes (the bridesmaids picked names out of a hat, although gave us the option of switching if we wanted. I liked this as I don't have a very good imagination!)

I've also done Miss World (i.e around the world, not ball gowns!), 50s

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really want to dress up, Im not normally one for dressing up, but for my own hen night, i couldnt imagine not doing it..

• xtine88xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xtine88xx ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Moulin Rouge for mine then people can go as mad as they like! Found some cute outfits on ebay for about £10-£15 so not too bad. We are having a weekend so the second night is going to be just dressed up glam - me in white and everyone else in black or a colour of my choice but I think black is easier for everyone!

• Butterflycake
    Beginner October 2011
    Butterflycake ·
    • Hide content

For my sisters we did cops and robber. Black and white stiped vests from Primark £2. I did a deal with a bloke on ebay for a black eye mask - they worked out about £1.25 each and told everyone to wear black on the bottom - skirt, trousers, hot pants - up to them. My sister (B2B) was a copper. There were 21 robbers and her - it looked fab! We were in dublin and everyone asked us for pictures too. It was also easy to pack as we only had hand luggage.x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics