Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2013

Hen night horror?!?

leanneboo87, 6 of July of 2011 at 20:06 Posted on Planning 0 4

So,

I have picked my bridesmaids, both girls I have known for 10 years plus, they have both individually said about a spa day for my hen party, in the 10 years of knowing them I have never gone to a spa or shown interest in them, I have said to them both I would prefer to go Go karting or Quad biking etc something a bit exciting rather than the stereotypical spa day etc however they are still saying about a spa day.

I dont want to be seen as a bridezilla but how do I tell them that I really dont want to go for a spa day, and I will be disappointed if they dont organise something more suited to me? If there not listening to me in general conversation I guess I will have to have a more serious word with them, but dont want to spoil things between us. Have any of you had a similar problem?

4 replies

Latest activity by The Sock Chicken, 7 of July of 2011 at 12:49
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

As Bridesmaids, they should be doing what you want to do. Just tell them straight that your glad they want to take an active role in planning your hen do but that you don't want a spa day. It's your Hen do, not theirs ?

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Any chance they could be saying it to throw you off scent? We did this a lot with my friends hen party! If not then just tell them what you want and don't want.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS! It's your hen do! Luckily my MOH and friends wanted to do whatever I wanted!

My friend got married in December, her MOH wanted to go to a castle, and wanted the hen to wear all the stereotypical henny things (which she didn't want to do). The bride stood her ground, and the MOH even started asking friends, "what should the bride's hen be like? what the bride wants or what the MOH organises?" Everyone responded, "it should be what the bride wants!".

• F
    Beginner
    Flickerty ·
    • Hide content

I'm exactly the same! I find the idea of a spa a bit dull as they've never really been my thing. I'd much prefer something more active and exciting. My one bridesmaid loves spas and i know there's a good chance that's what she'd arrange. However, my other bridesmaid knows i wouldn't like it and i've given her the task of making sure that's not on the agenda, so i know it'll be ok without having to instruct my other friend. Is there anyone else you could give the task of reining them in a bit?!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Tell them straight and make sure they understand.

I told mine that I didn't want a stripper as it was my idea of a hen night from hell. 4 days before the hen night, some friends had to intervene because she'd booked one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics