Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2011

Hen night in Hertfordshire

blueeyedgirl, 10 January, 2011 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 4

Any ideas ladies? I am originally from there but now live in Manchester so am struggling to come up with something to do in terms of a night out. I fancy cocktail making somewhere with some food but there seems to be a lack of places in Herts to do that and don't fancy going into London, unless someone can recommend somewhere amazing?

Apart from cocktail making I fancy a boogie somewhere fun, with a bit of cheesey/chart music, nothing too chavvy, hard house or massively expensive! :-/

Thanks ladies

S x

4 replies

Latest activity by blueeyedgirl, 11 January, 2011 at 09:08
  • S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

What part of Hertfordshire?

Watford I think has about the best mixture of lots of pubs, clubs, resturants etc. without going chavvy. There is a comedy club there as well.

Or St Albans is a really nice sophisticated night out, but perhaps a touch quiet, for a hen hight.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

I live in Welwyn Garden so either of those are near. St Albans I like for bars but lack of clubs....never been to Watford so it may be a possibility! Any idea on good clubs there?x

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, thats what I meant about St Albans being quieter.

To be honest its been a while since I've been a real party girl in Watford, but I used to love 'Area' as a club, great music and atmostsphere. Kudos, which I know has now been renamed was a bit cheesier and could play some really awful music that made you wonder why the DJ has a job, but asides from that, with a group of you, it could be fun.

But a lot of the bars in Watford open till 1. I think some might even be 2 now.

But you'd need to check with someone more up to date than me

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    Clare247 ·
    • Hide content

Hi blueeyedgirl, I live in St Albans and agree with the other posters about it being quiet for clubbing and hen nights but... I was in a bar there called The Snug recently and a hen do was in and had an area of it reserved for them. It's a cocktail bar, not sure if they had a lesson beforehand but it be worth getting in touch with the bar ro see if they could arrange this? There is also a bar called Havana that is open a bit later - I've never been there but maybe you could go there afterwards for more cocktails and dancing? Having said all that, probably Watford or London is a better bet if you want a later, livelier night with dancing. Hope that helps though.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi, thanks, I am thinking Watford as it has a revolution which is good for cocktails!

I havent been to batchwood in years - whats that like now?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics