Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2010

HEN NIGHT IN YORK

nicy85, 22 July, 2010 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 19

Im thinking of having my hen do in york next april..

Has anyone been .?? if so what's it like..?? would you recommend it to a group of girls from about 22 to 50 looking to party...

19 replies

Latest activity by LISA221010, 25 July, 2010 at 20:12
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I havent actually been but know people that have and its apparently a really good night out. Plus there is lots to do during the day if you make a weekend of it! Its a really pretty town.

xxx

• N
    Beginner April 2010
    nicy85 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you...

just a few people are a bit apprehensive as they've never really heard of it before.. was going to go to liverpool but changed my mind..

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Well York is not a big city but thats probably a good thing really. It is really pretty - cobled streets etc. But the night life is really good too. You should definitely look into it!

Have you thought about Bath? I went there on a hen do a few weeks ago and thought it was lovely - really pretty, especially in the sun! We got a great deal - cocktail making at Revolution (where we got loads of free shots/drinks and lunch in with it), 2 course meal at Ha Ha, B&B, AND spa day at the Bath Spa for £110 each. Fab!

xxx

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I went to NY a few years ago with my mum, we had an amazing time time! there is so much to do, so much to see and so many shops!

we only went for a long weekend and it was cramed with things to do (i had a list of what i wanted to see and do!)

as i was with my mum, we didnt really go to loads of bars and clubs so i hant help on that front, but if everyones budget can stretch to it, its the perfect place for a girlie weekens, no matter what the ages are!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I live quite near to York but had never had a night out there as its a bit far for that but went on a friends hen do and had a great time, there was a lot of other stag and hen partys about so i think it is quite popular for that so was good for a bit of banter, York is famed for having 365 pubs, one for every day of the year so there will definately be somewhere to suit you. there is loads to do during the day I go regularly for shopping and there are lovely historic things like the minster, the shambles, the dungeons etc, we went on a boat ride during the day which was fab too.

I would def recommedn it, infact I am thinking of having mine around there and staying in some yurts outside York! x

• sara 40
    sara 40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

What a fab idea - i would go because you will have a ball, plenty to do and see

I went for my birthday (special one) in Feb last year, i would go back in heart beat

We stayed at the Novotel hotel Times Square - if you need help or advice just ask

If you do book have fun !!!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok I officaially a plank!

I didnt read it properly and thought you wrote NEW york! sorry!! I promise to read carefully in the future!

?

Im afraid I cant help when it comes to York!

• sara 40
    sara 40 ·
    • Hide content

Mrs Bass

I did the same as you

Sorry i thought you meant New York !!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a brilliant deal! Who did you book with if you don't mind me asking? x

• MagicEdit-Videos
    MagicEdit-Videos ·
    • Hide content

I would absolutely reccommend that! One of the best cities in the world, and an amazing place to spend your last few days of freedom!

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen night here a few weeks ago and it was brilliant. There were loads of other stag and hen parties about and everyone was having a great time. There's plenty to do in the daytime aswell.

I would suggest booking rooms very early and the cheapest places are premier inn and travel lodge. I booked my rooms in Feb and when OH tried to book his in March they were sold out.

• MagicEdit-Videos
    MagicEdit-Videos ·
    • Hide content

Oops, just realised I mis-read. Thought there was a 'New' in front of York! I'm sure York is equally nice! Smiley smile

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Now isnt that weird, I too thought the thread was hen night in new york......... why are our eyes playing tricks on us!!??

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

I live in York and it's a really good place, great nightlife and loads to do during the day. There are a lot of clubs in the center, I would reccommend Reflex 80's bar, that is a right laugh and the cocktail bar "The blue fly" is really good too. There are lots of nice places to eat too and it's a great place for shopping.

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I love york, I actually orangised my best friends hen do for york in Jan, was amazing, lots of nice pubs and clubs and places to eat, shopping for spa in the day, something to suit all ages.

Sarah

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I dont know as I didnt organise it! It was through one of these companies that organise the whole package for you. There are quite a few if you do a search on google. Sorry I cant be more of a help! x

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I live pretty close to York, about 8 miles away.

I cannot speak from personel experience of a night out there (well not since my early 20's) but friends I kow who have been have always had a good night out there, plenty of bars & clubs & always lots of other hen & stag do's going on.

I will ask my friends who I know still go out there occasionally & let you know some of the pllces you could all go to.

Debbie

x

• N
    Beginner April 2010
    nicy85 ·
    • Hide content

Aww thanx girls, makes me feel a bit better about it.. should be a good day/night i hope..

as long as we can have something 2 eat & then go oub crawl/clubbing at night am sure every1 will be happy.. & maybe thinking bout going 2 the dungeons during the day.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen night in York .... We stayed at Hotel Noir which is about a 20 min walk from the centre in Clifton, and pretty much hired out most of the hotel. Had a fantastic weekend!

So much so my friend who gets married next year has arranged york too, but this time we're renting a cottage for 3 nights which worked out loads cheaper and should be a right giggle.

We had the most fun on our cheesy night in Reflex...arranged guestlist so got goodie bags with sweets / dodgy sunglasses / etc and a queue jump which was fab! Did it the same weekend as my birthday and ended up with loads and loads of free drinks & shots ?

Can't believe mine was nearly a year ago...?

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    LISA221010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Ive been to York quite a few times on a girls weekend away and it really is a good place to go.

Weve usually hit the shops during the day, stayed somewhere inexpensive like Travelodge then gone to a few bars.

Can definitely recommend Oscars for a fantastic place to eat - think youd need to book for a larger party to make sure you get a table but the food is great - selection of pastas, burgers, chilli that kind of thing and its a wine bar too! Never had a bad meal there and its always got a good atmosphere and is pretty central.

Have also been to Blue Fly Bar which has good music and is just round the corner from Oscars.

Sure you would have a great time!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics