Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2014

Hen Night or Weekend Inspiration

ExcitedEssexBrideToBe, 18 March, 2013 at 14:12 Posted on Planning 0 20

Hi,

Anyone have any preference RE: Weekend or 1 day?

I really dont like being centre of attention and anything like strippers but I do want a fun night out with the girls and dancing. Im not sure about going away for a weekend or doing a day only thing.

Any ideas of what to do?

I need some inspiration! ?

20 replies

Latest activity by S108HAN, 18 March, 2013 at 20:43
  • J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

I am off to Edinburgh next week for my hen do....I used a compnay that helped organise the events and club entries, VIP areas nights. Cocktail making classes, 2 nights in Hotel and meals around £170

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

We went to do ‘It’s a Knockout’ for the afternoon and had a meal and a few drinks in town on the night. I didn’t want too much fuss.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had the same as OB

out of interest OB- where did you do it and when...?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Mine is on this weekend (yaayyy!) and is a one night hen party - cocktail making classes for a few hours, then dinner & then pub crawl. Suits me perfect!

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

What date is your wedding t4yt0?

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really? I don’t remember that! I was also shocked the other day when I realised how close our weddings were!

I did it in Nottingham, on the 13th August.

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

My hen night hasn't been arranged yet but I've been thinking of what I want to do. I wanted to do something everyone can be part of, not too expensive and just the one day. I found a company who do treasure hunt packages and it looks really fun. So I think we'll have drinks, meal and treasure hunt in teams around Liverpool city centre! That's the (early) plan anyway! Smiley smile

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Saturday 4th May.. Are we date twins? ?

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you just have a brilliant night out. Pick a bar/club you really like, and go for a night out all dressed up. Sounds like bliss to me. And if you don't like being centre of attention for too long, this would be perfect, and you'd probably have more fun keeping it low key and easy going.

And your girls will probably have more fun too without the added pressure of worrying about costs of going away, or loads of activities.

• E
    Beginner July 2014
    exitedbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

Im still at the beginning stages at the moment but thinking something like:

Afternoon tea for very close friends/family, followed by a cocktail making master class for 2 hours with everybody.

Then maybe a night out with the girls Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ha yes! I wondered if we were at the same one but mine was in Bristol.

• E
    Beginner July 2014
    ExcitedEssexBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies! These ideas are all helpful! x

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

For my best friends hen do last wear we went to a spa in the morning, cocktail making class in the afternoon and then a fun night out.

3 weeks ago I went on my friends hen where we went to London had afternoon tea (yum!) then went to see Mamma Mia in the evening.

For my hen do we're going to Royal ascot then out in the evening.

Non of these involve strippers or anything like that, we would have all died!!! They were all weekends away which was fun but also more convenient as all of my mates live all round the country so people were going to have to travel anyway. I think the idea of a treasure hunt is good but I would get your bridesmaids to organise it for you so it's a surprise, then you will have lots of fun. My bridesmaid has organised everything, she's been fab but it did take me a little while to get my head around not being involed in the planning as I am a bit of a control freak!!!

I'm sure you will have a fun time where ever you go and whatever you do as long as you're with your family and mates!!!

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeh that'll be the plan. They just wanted the initial idea so that it's something I want to do! So will be handing the reins over to them to sort it. Although the treasure hunt is actually planned by the company and you get clues to your phone etc. that way no-one know where anything is so everyone can be part of it! Smiley smile

Other thoughts I had were:

meal and a show,

an overnight ghost tour (this looked great but was a long drive away - included accomodation in the 'haunted block', the ghost tour around castle, three course meal, drinks after, reasonable price)

Canal boat disco

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

I am the 11th May. 4th May is mu hubby to be's birthday Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    jonesy10 ·
    • Hide content

11th May, my hubby to be's birthday is on 4th May, bank holiday weekend Smiley smile

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

My girls have organised a weekend at butlins for an 80's weekend! we're planning on dressing up in 80's clothes!

• Cocoamoi
    Cocoamoi ·
    • Hide content

One of the best hen do's i had was at centre parcs!

A group of eight of us went for a long weekend, spent time in the spa which was absolutely brilliant, In fact i took the family back later in the year i enjoyed it so much.

We had a sauna and jacuzzi in our chalet which was lovelly, a few girly films on the TV some bottles of wine very relaxed. A few of the more adventurous of the group did a high wire adventure thing, oh lord i had vertigo just watching them.

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Jader123 ·
    • Hide content

This isn't for everyone for many reasons including money, but me and 7 friends are going to disneyland paris for 2 nights! Wasn't my idea but my hens know me too well and said we should go! Disney is my favourite place in the whole world.

Maybe do a themed night out to club like where's wally, cops n robbers etc, maybe a spa day or weekend, maybe a night away to London or something x

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

I like the sound of your ideas!

In terms of weekend v one day, you are more likely to get more people attend a one day as it's cheaper. I'm doing a one day/night local and my friend who gets married a month later is doing a full 2 nights/ 3 days away and there's a lot less people going due on that to cost.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I had my Hen Weekend the weekend before last. It was a Butlins Big Weekend at Skegness but they have them in Bognor and Minehead too. If you haven't heard of them, they are basically themed festivals (our was 90s Reloaded but they have all kinds, Ultimate 80s, School Reunion, Disco, Folk etc)

I spent £100 per person for three nights self-catering accommodation and £30 per person and then entry to all the entertainment is free.

I'm not getting married until August but I'd set the date of the Hen Weekend before I set the date of the wedding. Having been to two Butlins Weekends in the past, I knew what I wanted to do for a Hen before I even got engaged.

I've posted some photos. I don't know a lot of the people in them but it's so friendly you end up mixing with other groups.

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152228030386953.1073741825.540226952&type=1&l=93f1f03bb4

www.bigweekends.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics