Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2011

Hen Night recommendations- Blackpool

tressls, 3 May, 2011 at 19:42 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi all

I am provisionally setting my Hen Night date for 16th July in Blackpool. Just wondered if anyone has any rec's for decent Hen Party companies, or advice on where is best to go, chespest way to get there/best /cheapest places to stay etc?

Also...

Please suggest fancy dress themes!

Not 80's, Nurses, Builders, Schoolgirls though!!

Thanks x

17 replies

Latest activity by rachb3, 4 May, 2011 at 22:02
  • S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Dont really know blackpool, but i always wanted to have a 'what i wanted to be when i grew up' themed party

xxx

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

We went to Blackpool last July for my 21st. Was an amazing day and night!! 10 of us (5 girls, 5 boys) dressed as mimes in stripey tops, white faces, braces, etc!! We stood out quite a bit so no one got lost and we tended to get served quicker haha!!

Were supposed to stay in The Party Inn but got there and were told the floors in our rooms had fallen in (I think they'd just double booked!), so were relocated to the Mardi Gras, a gay hotel across the way. It was lovely and so much fun with its own mini club!!

For night life, we went to a few smaller bars, one was a 70s one. So fun!! We ended up in the club with the revolving floor, I can't remember the name sorry! (It was about 3.30am by the time we got there!) but I know it was by Flares!! I'd go there if I were you, was really good.

Also, got free entry to Flamingos I think it was called cos its a gay club, but apparently its the biggest n best in Blackpool. Never got to it in the end but it looked amazing!!

Aw I'm jealous you're going to Blackpool now! Loved it there!!

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLove ·
    • Hide content

I went there for my friend's hen do 3 years ago, we stayed in a posh hotel on the front....The Imperial I think, it wasn't cheap (can't remember how much sorry!!) so unless you and your guests don't mind spending much then I would look elsewhere - really helpful I know haha - but the hotel was lovely if you want to pay more. We went to 'Funny Girls' that night for a meal and we had a few booths between us all to watch the show - it was really good. We then went to the night club next door which I think is linked to Funny Girls and that was 80's and 90's music. Not sure on costs for anything TBH but had a great night in both places. We drove there and parking was free at the hotel. We also dressed up as Superheroes so I went as batwoman (costume off the net) and we all looked very powerful and colourful!! Hope that helps!! ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

We went for my best friends 19th, stayed in some dodgy back street B&B (which was totally fab, clean, accomodating etc) all for £25 a night.

We went to club Sanuk (I think it's called) which we loved! It's very R&B/modern chart.

Every fancy dress possibility will be covered in blackpool, so you need to be a bit inventive I think... We did school girl, as did most others. Cheerleaders were popular, the coloured Ra-ra skirts were popular with names on the girls tops.

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Never been to Blackpool, but did a 'Gangster' themed hen night. For the more 'adventurous' hens (like me) it was hotpants, fishnets and killer heels, and for the less brave (like my preggers sister) it was black trousers and flat shoes. We all wore shirts, ties, braces and trilby hats. A couple of us even had some little garters with mini fake guns on them.

Not very clear, but you get the idea.

Some of the accessories - with obligatory willy straw! The water guns were fun too!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

We went a fw yrs back for a birthday wekend- went to funny girls also got booths which was fab.. but tbh blackpool would be my worst nighmare of a place for my hen do - when we were there there was girls dressed up in every imaginable theme

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

Got to be Funny Girls! Last time I went it was £5 to get in and it was a great night! Think they do meals too if you want the whole package.

I saw on an episode of Don't Tell The Bride that for the hen do the Bride dressed up as Michael Jackson and the hen's were all zombies! Great idea!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Iv had a few girly weekends there, we go to an italian called Nunzios, the best one we'v tried there. We went to the male strip club which was a giggle, called Wicked altho i dont know if its still going? And went to club Sanuk which has 3 rooms i think, dance, r'n'b and cheese. We stayed at a gay hotel, which we didnt know until we go there ha! But the owners were absolute darlings and really good fun. Hotel zeus i think. Basic but clean xx

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah went to funny girls too. Good laugh! xx

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How about 20's theme? xxx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

love this idea!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking at going to Blackpool for my hen weekend too! Sounds like it's a good venue.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH is just back, he had his stag do there @ wkend so i'll ask him what the names of the clubs were that he went to! His hotel was called gr8 (i think) & he said it was disgusting (and from him it must be bad! lol)

He loved it though.

Themes - one of my BM's suggested dressing up as me - black wigs & fake boobs....I still mite hit her for that suggestion!

What about Lady GaGa, wigs, glasses etc?

My BM's are thinking of the army theme....I think i'd prefer sthing girly ie a white/ pink fairy or sthing! But I know how big a hassle it is to organise these things so i'll prob go with whatever!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lillienmark2013 ·
    • Hide content

Been to blackpool a couple of times always stayed at the wellington hotel, its got a 24 hour bar and is very nice also a right bargain 2 nights is £59 its oure cheese buts its ace xx

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

I liked syndicate in blackpool, europes biggest club apparently. Think on my hen do Im going 2 be a cop and my hens will be robbers haha

• ButtercupSoph
    Beginner June 2012
    ButtercupSoph ·
    • Hide content

I used to live in Blackpool so been on many many nights out there.

There are 2 main clubs in blackpool - The Syndicate and Club Sanuk. The Syndicate is mainly a dance club and has lots of special DJs going to play there- it also has the revolving dance floor. Club Sanuk is my favourite because it has 5 different rooms all playing different music so you can pick and choose what you wanna dance the night away to.

There are loads of bars - Flares is good for 70s and 80s hits to boogie away to. Che Bar is a cool bar that plays all the chart numbers. Hush and Rumours is a bar/club that has 2 floors that play different music; 1 more dancy stuff (downstairs) and more chart stuff on the upper floor.

Flamingos is the best gay bar around and its open the latest -till 7am!

If you go to blackpool, you should definitely go to Funny Girls. It's a drag show and its meant to be amazing (I haven't actually been yet - because you have to book tickets).

Hope this helps.

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

Funny Girls is worth a look. Me and my 4 girls went about 4 years ago dressed as cow girls! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics