Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner December 2014

Hen night tonight

xmasangel14, 6 of December of 2014 at 11:14 Posted on Planning 0 1

Well tonight is my Hen night but because I'm not really into that sort of thing a group of us have booked a Christmas party night at a local hotel. We booked in August and I've been really looking forward to it until today. 1 person has dropped out a few days ago and because I've paid and can't find anybody to take her place, it looks like I'm out of pocket. (And no I won't get the money back from her, I've been asking for it since August). Another has posted on Facebook this morning that they're unwell and are in bed sick. Then yesterday evening the one thing I've been dreading all year might happen before the wedding, happened. I've got what feels like the world biggest cold sore just under my nose which no amount make up will hide.

All the excitement has gone away now, and it's making me worry about the wedding. Will people turn up? we haven't got a big circle of friends, we are only having 60 to the evening reception and only family durning the day.

I know my cold sore should be gone by then but what if I get one on my lip, which is the other place I suffer from them, i won't even want to kiss my new husband on our wedding day. ?

1 replies

Latest activity by MrsMtobe2016, 8 of December of 2014 at 18:12
  • S
    Beginner March 2015
    Sums2b ·
    • Hide content

Awe poor you, what a rubbish day so far! I am sure you will still have a great night, even without the two missing people. Try not to think about the money, instead focus on the people who are turning up with big smiles on their faces to wish you well.

its natural to worry about the the wedding but people will take that more seriously than a night out, and although people may get ill, I am sure that the majority will be healthy and enjoying your special day with you.

As for coldsores, you can guarantee that only you notice it, because you can feel it and have been worrying about it. With a snazzy outfit and some lipstick tonight, nobody will see! Especially once you have started to relax and are busy laughing and dancing. I find the best nights are the ones which you aren't looking forward to; they always exceed expectations so just relax and enjoy yourself x

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi xmasangel14,

I really feel your pain in regards to cold sores. I suffer terribly with them and when they flare up, no amount of make up will help. I've since started taking various vitamins daily (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Mulitvitamins +iron and omega 3) and have not had a flare up since. I recommend trying these in future and it might stop it happening before the big day. I also always have cold sore cream in my bag, the slightish tingle and I put it on.
    Wish you lots of luck with dealing with these

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics