Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2016

Hen night went a little bit wrong...pp

Annaangeluk2016, 5 of September of 2016 at 10:11 Posted on Planning 0 13

So it was my hen night on Saturday and following on from that I have lost one of my oldest friends and 2 months before my wedding I have had to find a new mua!!

She was one of my oldest friends (17 years!!) and was meant to be doing my makeup at the hotel on the morning of my wedding! For some reason she's been a nightmare since i got engaged and critised everything i've chosen! She got married nearly 10 years ago by disappearing to Antigua and not involving anyone, which was her choice so I never critisised! So no hen party etc. Everything I have organised or chosen she's put down as a waste of money, time or effort and just been thoroughly negative and scathing! Then over the hen do because my moh is my 14 year old daughter by h2b's oldest friend offered to organise it for me (she never offered as she didnt want me to have one with anyone else there!) and she immediately started b*tching that she didn't want to do anything i had picked! The lady organising it set up a facebook event to keep everyone informed and every reply of my friend's was appallingly rude. She refused to join us for the cocktail making or the meal so sat at a different table the whole time and wouldnt come over! I didnt even know she was there in the bar because i wasnt on my phone! Because i didn't want sashes etc it was agreed that i would wear white and everyone else in black which everyone agreed to even though the girls from work are forced to wear black uniforms dlfor work every day, they didn't mind. She replied that no one was telling her what to wear and she'd wear what she wanted! Turned up in burgendy and first thing she said to me was to make snide remark about what i was wearing!! (I wore a long white top with black trousers!) Then started making digs about the bar we ended up going to after the cocktails/meal, saying "i thought this was supposed a classy hen do!" And saying it was full of peasants!! Then she blanked everyone and refused to stand with us, shooting daggers at everyone! Then started slagging the organiser off, calling her a c*nt and being really awful. Ended up calling it a night quite early as i couldnt stand the aggro. Got home and looked on her Facebook and saw post after post calling us all c*nts, how she'll always be younger and prettier (she's 4 years older than me!!) than that bunch of twisted hags etc!! Immediately uninvited her to wedding and she still didnt see she'd done anything wrong!! I sent her a message saying how out of order she was and that I was upset. I got a reply saying "I'm sorry but... and then went on to say how awful the organiser was, how rude, how it was clear that this woman didnt want her there etc!" I told her that was rubbish and it was her attitude that ruined it. Then I saw her twitter and shes been slagging me off for days saying it was a football themed hen which is total rubbish (h2b is football mad but I have no interest which she knows! And then making out she was chief bridesmaid and how it was all down to h2b making all of the girls treat her like rubbish!! Obviously none of it true and certainly never bridesmaid! I properly lost my temper at this point (now 3am sunday morning!!) So I posted screenshots on facebook which I've never done before as I hate airing dirty laundry on fb!! She didnt like that i posted it as its shown her for the liar that she is!!

And so now she's officially out of my life and im actually so relieved!! I was stressing about her being at the wedding as she cant get along with anyone anymore! She's obsessed with twitter and would prefer to make up lies on there like some sort of keyboard warrior!!! I'm sad that 17 years of friendship has ended like this but I feel like a weight has been lifted now her negative influence is out of my life!

I emailed some mua's at 5am sunday morning and luckily one has availability for my wedding date!

Sorry for the long ramble!!

Anna xx

13 replies

Latest activity by NoMoore, 15 of September of 2016 at 12:59
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Wow. Just... wow.

You sound like you handled this really well - I hope you won't let her spoil your memories for you!

I'm glad she isn't doing your Make Up anymore either! Can you imagine? Haha

Sorry she turned out to be so crappy Smiley heart

x

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Anna,

Well I must say I am really happy that you will be starting married life having shed that horrible troll from your life. It's awful that she managed to bring a big cloud over your hen do, but better that than the actual wedding day. I must say it sounds as though she has been possessed by the green eyed monster for some reason and can't handle the attention not being on her.

Do you have many mutual friends or can you draw a clean line under that aspect of your life? I can't believe she was venting over twitter as well. What a sad act. xx

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow - what a total witch! It sounds like you are much better off without her in your wedding and your life!! xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think you are well rid and have done the right thing. I eloped also and loved every minute of my wedding however maybe your planning has shown her what she missed and regrets it now. Not your problem and no excuse to try to spoil your wedding. Even if it's reinforced her wedding was perfect to her it's still not on to criticise and ridicule your choices. We are all different. You go along and make the best of it or you say I love you to bits but this isn't my thing so go have a great time but lets us have a quiet dinner out together later. What a fiend doesn't do is attack you and your partner and your choices on social media. Call everyone names and generally lie about you. That's no friend.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

She sounds completely insane. Thank God she's out of your life now! Here's to an amazing, aggro-free wedding day for you, surrounded by lovely, supportive people....and no evil maniacs! x

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god she sounds like a right psycho!! Thank god she isn't in your life now xx

• N
    Beginner August 2018
    Nombie ·
    • Hide content

Just WOW! How can anyone be so utterly vile. Well done for moving on and getting this poisonous woman out of your life.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Jings! What a fruitloop!! You're well shot of her! Glad you got another mua sorted - so no stress about losing her either!

Weddings bring out the nuttyness in some people!!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like you are better off shot of her!! I don't know what it is with weddings and seeing peoples true colours coming out!

I had a friend that told me she was going to be my bridesmaid when I told her that I was engaged and then proceeded to tell me that she was going to lose two stone before my wedding as she wasn't going to have me show her up at my wedding!!

It's sad that you have lost a friend of that many years but it doesn't sound like she was much of a friend if she could behave like that towards you!

• A
    Beginner November 2016
    Annaangeluk2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for everyone's replies! I can't begin to tell you what a relief it's been to finally cut her out of my life! She's always been difficult but since I met my h2b she's got progressively worse and since the engagement she's been a nightmare. Part of me feels like I only invited her as it was expected after so many years of supposed friendship but I realise now how stressed it's made it. I was dreading having her there as she is so rude to people and the thought of her in the hotel the morning of the wedding along with my family, my hairdresser etc was actually making me poorly!

Now I genuinely feel like a weight has been lifted! And I can enjoy the next 67 days of planning!

Anna x

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

It's good to see you are getting sorted without her, she was certainly no friend with that attitude!

I think you should have another hen night. Class the first one as a practice run or just have another night of drinks with your other hens.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I don't want to make you paranoid but maybe if she knows the details of your wedding and suppliers it might be worth letting them know they need to make sure no changes are to be made without confirming with you by phone on your numbet. I'm sure there was a case where an ex friend tried to change/cancel her friends wedding. I'm not saying she would but better to be safe than sorry. Then you can ignore her and continue looking forward to your wedding in peace. X

• A
    Beginner November 2016
    Annaangeluk2016 ·
    • Hide content

Jayne, OMG that is terrible but I can totally believe someone doing that!! Luckily she knows nothing specific about our wedding as she was never interested! Only where it is going to be and I've met the events coordinators numerous times now so they know whats going on! Can't believe how evil some people can be, looks like I got off lightly!!!

Anna x

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry that a long friendship has ended that way but sounds like you are better without her.

I had a friend who kicked off twice over wedding things and I just had it out with her as I wasn't putting up with it! She complained to me that I hadn't asked her to be a bridesmaid... I know for a fact she had thought about asking me when she got married 5 years ago but never did, and I've never ever mentioned it to her or held it against her in any way. When she complained about me not asking her to be a bridesmaid, I finally told her I knew about it and she just said if I had asked then she would have explained... I don't really care why she didn't ask, my point was that I never kicked off or mentioned it!! She then kicked off when I asked if she could stay at a different hotel one night (saving them £100 in the process) as I knew they were tight for money and needed someone to move hotels... apparently I was leaving her out and she is a better friend to me!

That was it, I sent her a long email about how I really felt! We do still talk but it's definitely affected our friendship (combined with them moving further away) but it is not on for anyone to moan and b!tch about anything to do with the wedding or hen do or stag do... it's for one day, shut up and put up with it! It's about you two not anyone else!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics