Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Hen Party Bags - Freebies

Alipops1986, 22 February, 2013 at 10:07 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello Ladies, I'm contemplating putting together Hen Party bags for my Hens [we're not raving, it's a stay in a huge country house and a chill out], in order to keep the cost down was going to approach different beauty counters/body shop and see if I can get some mini testers to use. Has anyone had success doing this? I'm good friends with my Clarins lady, so hoping I might be able to wing some from her if nowhere else!

Alipops x

5 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 25 February, 2013 at 12:29
  • mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Sounds last keep a good idea, Ali :0) I'm sure between Debenhams, House of Fraser etc you should be able to get some. Plus, keep an eye out on tv for ads that tell you to claim freebies... You can sometimes get things via Facebook too. If needs be, get family and friends to try and get you some bits too. Do you have a Savers near you? They tend to have cheap face and foot masks in there... Not big name brands of course, but I've used face masks from there and never had any problems. Happy hunting! Xx

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

What do you plan to do with your chill out time ?....what facilities do they have and will you be there overnight ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I've done this a for hen party bags before - Clarins are a good for little samples which come boxed and are great. I've just been friendly to the counter girls and cheekily asked! Clarins and Benefit are the best for giving out samples, but it's worth asking at all counters. Also in my city we have John Lewis, Debenhams and House of Fraser, so you could go to the same counter in all stores!

Body shop aren't that good for samples as they usually tend to decant into little pots. I suppose thats ok, but it's not really obvious what they are!

Magazines often have sachets stuck in them, as some else said, keep your family etc. on the look out for them too.

I saw an advert for a free trials of a body lotion and face cream, I got 14 mini sachets of each which was great, so keep an eye out for them. Money Saving Expert forum has a board dedicated to these type of offers, so maybe worth a look!

I also chatted up my dentist's receptionist and scored a pile of mini tubes of toothpaste. I then went and bought toothbrushes 4 for £1 and made a wee set, is good if you are going away for the weekend.

Any more tips for goody bags you want, just let me know! I'm an old hand!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I need tips ! I have been debating on whether to do goody bags, just fun small ones but don't really know what to put in them ????

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

I've had some success!

I asked my Clarins lady and got 20 free testers of the latest serum ?

Just got to man up enough now to ask other counters!!

Alipops x

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Good work on the samples!

For those who asked, below is a list of things I've put in goody bags, not all, a selection and things that suit the style of hen party, what we were doing, and type of people. For example for a Christmas themed one in December I made everyone a personalised tree bauble. They all loved it and the bride told me she'd noticed them on her friends' trees years later! Everyone who attended appreciated that type of handmade thing, but other bags I'm making up at the moment don't have anything handmade. Also, I'm not including any samples, it's a bother sourcing them and the hens wouldn't really bother with them, when the previous ones I'd done the reaction was "Clarins - lovely, how posh!" - So sorry, in short - add what will suit the type of party and people!

Toothbrush and Mini Toothpaste 25p
    Face Mask 45p
    Perfume and cosmetic samples FREE
    Bath Crystals 15p
    Willy Shot Glass 5p
    Personalised Sash £1.50?
    Tiara £1.50
    Condom 10p
    Notebook and Pen FREE
    Retro Sweeties (Fizz Wizz/Dip Dabs etc.)
    Chocolates and lollypops
    Plasters 10p
    Paracetamol 20p
    Water or Irn Bru 25p
    Packet of Tissues 12p
    Personalised Stickers 40p
    Dare Cards 20p
    Candles 25p
    Suntan Lotion wipe
    Midge Repellent Wipe 10p
    Mini Shower Gel
    Bubbles 10p