Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fireflies
Beginner June 2013

Hen party fancy dress theme ideas - where the group is all a similar thing?...

Fireflies, 28 January, 2013 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 2

...I am desperately trying to think of a good hen party fancy dress theme where everyone can be linked together (so if you just looked at the group you could tell we were all together but different) - the one thing I have in my mind is what a friend did for hers which was sooo clever and this was Barbies, so there was '60s barbie', 'army barbie' etc and of course 'bridal barbie' for the hen! So jealous that she thought of this because it was perfect! We all had long blonde wigs so you could see we were together but also the hen stood out as dressed as the bride with a veil and everyone else had individual characters to dress up as so we all looked fun!

Can anyone think of anything else linked like this (rather than just 'tv and film' or 'disney' etc which are the best I can come up with!!) Smiley sad

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Latest activity by Zoomo13, 29 January, 2013 at 10:10
  • clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

We had Moulin Rouge but doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for, but was great fun dressing up, and corsets are very flattering.

Somebody suggested to me countries, which I thought sounded fun.... but you wou;dn't really link together, I suppose.

• madmadammim
    Beginner June 2014
    madmadammim ·
    • Hide content

I like the Barbie idea.... What about picking a letter like B or P and everyone dresses up in something beginning with that letter.... I would tell everyone that you will be going as Bride for B or Princess for P so that you are the focus for the evening.

On eBay you can also get lots of varieties of animal onesies really cheap so you could all get a different one of those... not quite as sexy as the Barbie idea but it depends where you are going out to!

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

I saw one hen group that were dressed as care bears, also saw one group that were cruise ship fancy dress, where each one dressed as a member of a cruise ship so a captain etc.

a friend of mine whos hen party was in july had it as xmas theme, so we allhad to choose things from robin,tree, bauble, santa clause, reindeer etc. it meant that we were the only ones out in that particular fancy dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics