Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Hen Party for Friend .... Nightmare

daisymoo86, 1 of April of 2014 at 09:18 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm bm for my friend who gets married at the end of May, early May we are going away for a weekend for her hen do. She lives down south and I live in the Midlands now, so we see each other 2/3 times a year but are still really good mates. I dont know anyone else coming on the hen but my friend has given me all their contact details so I can get in touch with them.

Anyway, for the past few weeks I've been messaging them, texting them, ringing them to get us all to agree on an activity for the Saturday and they just arent coming back to me. I dont want to pay for everyone and then try and reclaim the money as if someone pulls out I cant afford to foot their share. Its getting to the point where I've even said if they dont get in touch with me today we will have nothing booked and we will just have to wing it as I dont want to be that person who keeps pestering people. But then my friend might be upset if we have no plans for her hen.

Its just frustrating me and I dont know what else i can do Smiley sad

5 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 1 of April of 2014 at 10:28
  • A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

I would tell your mate that your having trouble with some of them (don't name names though) and she send them a quick message to give them a bit of a kick up the bum ... the last thing you want is to have nothing planned. xx

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Hi Daisymoo, thats a really shitty situation to be in and I dont envy you at all. My MOH is planning my HP and has similar trouble with my guests. Even with my input to get them involved they've not really brought it together. Unfortunately people are great with ideas but when it comes to pulling the money together its different.

I'd suggest maybe speaking to your friend just to keep her in the loop, it sounds like you're trying to keep it a secret from her and thats what I wanted too, but I had to get involved as my friends just wouldnt help my MOH. In the end we've decided what we're doing and now I've been closed out of the group as they're sorting the specifics. Maybe try something like that with her?

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice guys.

Think I will have to involve the bride as they are her friends (I dont know them) so she will know how much they can be pushed. The only prob is I dont wanna make her feel awkward, its supposed to be her last weekend, she shouldnt be stressing about it. Thats my job! haha.

The only prob is the thing I want to book has to be booked for 8 people min. So if I booked for those who have got back to me (5) we will end up having to pay double if the others dont turn up or dont agree to it.

Ive given them deadlines and in fact ive said we will lose our booking if we do not confirm today. Still waiting to hear back. The thing is Im getting the tshirts printed for everyone at my own cost as well so I dont wanna pay for tshirts for people who arent gunna be there, but then if they do come and I havent done them t's they are gunna think im a right cow bag Smiley sad

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I agree - assuming you've actually agreed an activity - or you know what your friend wants to do - I'd give them one final chance to pay their share and then just book it for those that have met the deadline.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics