Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sparkles1984
Beginner

Hen party goody bag ideas

sparkles1984, 1 of November of 2009 at 19:24 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hey, was thinking of doing some hen party goody bags for my hens when we go. What would you put in them or expect the get if you had one. Was thinking of putting some sweets and whistles so far what else can I put in then?

7 replies

Latest activity by sparkles1984, 3 of December of 2009 at 17:44
  • Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I guess it depends on what your doing. Is it typical pub crawl style? if so would

silly name badges, dares, head gear (hats, horns) etc be along the right lines? Have you tried claires accessories, I know they do loads of hen stuff

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Well we are having a weekend in Birmingham, just anything on the Friday night but adonis club on the sat night and the clubbing but having a neon theme so was thinking of some fun stuff. I am doing the hens bags and my sister is doing my bag!

• Vanilla Pod Design (HIB)
    Vanilla Pod Design (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

When I put together the goodie bags for my sisters hen weekend I included the following:

Toothbrush (we went away for the weekend and lots of people forgot their toothbrush)

Nail varnish

Fake tan

Chewing gum

Paracetamol

Plasters (for when your feet get sore in your pretty shoes)

Badge with a picture of the bride as a baby!

I can't remember everything but that should be a start!

Susan.

• C
    Charl0807 ·
    • Hide content

I put together some for my SIL hen night and put in
    Paracetamol,
    Plaster,
    Chupachup lolly,
    a couple of small chocolates (quality street or the like)
    Willy straw
    Willy soap
    and a personalised badge
    all in a personalised gift bag

(if you havent already got the bags I can reccomend www.personalisedgiftbags.co.uk I got the bags, badges and a guest book for the hen from there and the service couldnt be faulted)

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls, hadnt thought of things like plasters and paracetamol. Ill add those ones in too. Wanted some fun things so im not the only fool dressed up and looking a prat lol

• D
    Beginner August 2011
    dandare ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I arranged 2 joint hen parties last year (36 girls!) we put together some really good packs which were a big hit. We were going to portugal for the weekend and had a subtle hawaiin theme for the airport/ 1st night ...All bags included similar gifts to those you listed but with extra theme accessories and presented in a small jute bag:

willy straws, hangover cure called a 'bender mender', beauty products - lip gloss/ face scrub etc, dare cards, Name badges, mini bottles of wine, chocolates and lollies, invitation to a luau, flower garland and flower for hair, maraca, inflatable palm tree/ monkey/ flamingo (V funny)...and we also included an itinery and details of which room they were staying in etc. We tried to mix people up so they were with someone they knew and someone they didnt know so well!

The bride to be goody bags were the same BUT had a chocolate willy and better quality hot pink garlands & flowers for their hair and flashing bride to be sash, so they stood out but followed the theme.

We asked everyone for £20 which included all gifts for the bride 2 be and the hens own keepsakes - We used the money to organise games and presents etc ...some were free and others were bought. For the friday we planned sentimental gifts/memories such as creating a photo book with a photo & memory inserted from each hen and also asked everyone to bring a funny momento/ memory box with items that reminded them of the hen and we all took turns to stand up & tell the story. We also bought them a special keepsake present each e.g. charm bracelet. For the saturday it was funny gifts & games - hens were presented with a flashing veil & big badges & willys etc and we did a mr and mrs quiz and some Dares. We gave them both a mother in law voodoo doll, vibrator and 'dummy's guide to surviving marriage'...didn't cost much but was a great success!!!!

The only frustration i had was trawling through loads of different websites to get the stuff we wanted and then even having to find somewhere to buy bags to put them all in for each hen & bride 2 be. It also took ages putting the gifts and itinery/ games/ dares etc into the bags - luckily I was off work but I wouldn't have had the time if I was working. I don't know about you but I can't find anywhere that sells decent packs with enough selection or nicely presented or at a good price...

SO I HAVE A QUESTION...
    I'm thinking of putting my experience and skills to use by offering this service online. We want to create a one stop shop for hen parties with fun & personalised party packs, 'plan your own' advice and free downloadable resources, suggestions & links for unique activity options and other good websites/services. Also, an interactive party planner you can use to set up your own hen party web page, invite friends by email, upload photos & possibly collect payments too. If they were reasonably priced, nicely presented and could be tailored to include what you wanted & to suit your budget...would you buy them ready made? How much would you be prepared to pay?

Please let me know what you think of the idea before I launch it...and please be honest - constructive critisim is welcome.
    Thanks D
  • J
    josie ·
    • Hide content

'(if you havent already got the bags I can reccomend www.personalisedgiftbags.co.uk I got the bags, badges and a guest book for the hen from there and the service couldnt be faulted)'

I can second this company. Lynsey was a star and made me the bags to match the hen night theme (Hawaiian).

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the refresh of this post but have now bought my bags and am putting them all together. had problems in the bay of E and had to get my money back, just spending a couple of quid for a few items for each now x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics