Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

Hen party goody bags / gifts / thank you's

SillyWrong, 18 of June of 2014 at 09:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

So my hen party is being organised for me, all I know is the date, that it's a city break in the UK and who is/isn't coming.

What's the norm for gifts or thank you's or goody bags? I was thinking about putting together a hangover goody bag or something?

What has/will everyone else done/do?

6 replies

Latest activity by Sarah_88, 18 of June of 2014 at 17:12
  • emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

We also have very similar Hen do's by the sound of things! I have no idea where we are going or what we are doing, only who and when!! I wanted to get my hens something to say thank you as it is a big expense and they are all travelling abroad for our wedding too.

I am currently decorating wine glasses for everyone, and was going to make wine glass charms with peoples names on. I will also be packing numerous bottles of prosecco to fill them! These are my inspiration pics on pinterest....

Love the sound of a hangover goody bag! At one of my friends hen dos the BMs did one of these for everyone and included mints, paracetamol, a cocktail stirrer and some other bits. They also gave everyone a little sheet to fill in to give to the hen at the end of the weekend, like quote of the weekend, funniest moment, etc.

It might be worth having a word with the hen do organiser, as they may do something similar! I'm tempted to have a word with my MOH and mention what I'm doing, but also want it to be a surprise!! tricky one!

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

I'm having quite a low key hen do just going out for a meal - although there will be about 15 of us. I have ordered individual boxed cupcakes for each of my guests with a hen party theme.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

There will only be a small number of us on my hen do (about 5/6) and to try and start as we mean to go on, I was thinking of getting them something like this... with a little bottle of fizz, and a little something else Paris related, but not too sure yet. I love the hangover kit ideas though, I was toying with having them as favours, but it would have worked out quite pricey.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Emj, there's loads of similarities aren't there! How exciting, when's yours?

Most of my girls coming on my hen aren't really girly girls in that they would appreciate things like personalised wine glasses and things, thanks for the suggestions though Smiley smile

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is 9th/10th August weekend! So a month before the big day! Gives me time to recover!!

Not sure my hens will appreciate them either tbh...bit worried they might look like a school project gone wrong rather than something you would use...will reserve judgement until they are finished!!

What about chocolate or sweeties in the hangover cure bag? Bit of a sugar fix? A boost and lucozade generally does it for me!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Oh mine is 2-3 August! It's a bit early but my friends had a nightmare trying to plan it, and two of my friends who live in Sweden are over that weekend so it made sense.

Yes I was thinking of a face wipes, maybe a little something from lush, red bull/powerade, paracetomol, rennies, haribo, chewing gum, maybe a cheeky mini jaeger bottle or something ... argh I don't know!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

Can't say that I have really heard of hen party goody bags or thank you gifts.

Is this the norm now??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics