Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2014

Hen party help

Nicola_25, 26 of February of 2014 at 12:26 Posted on Planning 0 16

I have decided on my hen party which is at bistro live. However it is over 18's and my younger sister is 17, I thought that I could get away with pretending she is 18 she looks older than me also she doesn't drink alcohol. but what if she doesn't get in it will ruin her night and mine, she lives in Essex and I live in MK. She will be there with her mum (my stepmum) and there will be a group of 20 people there including my nan and great aunts etc so its not going to be a rowdy bunch of ladies getting drunk. Its just a meal and a bit of dancing. My older sister is saying I should risk bringing her along my MOH is saying I shouldn't. I have spoken to my dad who has said that don't worry about my little sister we can do something else another time. why is nothing easy?

16 replies

Latest activity by Nicola_25, 26 of February of 2014 at 21:39
  • Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

I would go down before hand with her (maybe on a Saturday night or busy time and have a test run) oddly I found I never got id'd before turning 18 and yet ive been id'd ever since lol

once my friend put her sash on me so that they assumed I was the older one (they didnt even ask dispite her being the one in a wedding outfit lol although I did also wear white/silver but a trouser suit) she had id and got straight in and then just swapped back when we got inside

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Is your party near where you live? Can you make an agreement in advance that she is invited on the understanding that if she doesn't get in then the party will have to go ahead without her and she'll have to make her way home? Make it her decision to make - she has to understand your predicament. Or is there someone elses ID she can borrow who she looks like? Not that I condone that kind of thing, of course!!

Also - I'm from MK originally, too!

• A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

If it was me I'd take the risk, but that's just me :o)

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

She could always have my I.D we do look alike But I would feel so awful if she couldn't get in. I will talk to her and explain the situation and give her the choice. Why is everything to do with wedding planning difficult?! Good old MK hey Sillywrong( is that your username I can remember sorry if its not)I am originally from Essex but moved here nearly 7 years ago as that is where H2B is from Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Another MK girl here, but living a bit further out now.

I wouldn't personally risk it, or if you do, go a few weeks beforehand to test out the water. Incredibly frustrating for you all though.

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

It is so frustrating, my little sister is so sensible and doesn't drink, she acts older than a lot of 18+ year olds.

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Nixy3 another MK buddy Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

What would you do if you risked it and then she got ID'ed and wasn't allowed in? If you could send her home without worrying about it and still enjoy your evening, go ahead and risk it. If it's going to ruin your evening, then don't do it x

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

Personally I'd be looking at another venue to ensure she can be included.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Personally if it's stressing you just change the venue. You can't really say nothing is easy - there are millions of things you could do with her. I would either do something just you 2 and still do the bsitro thing if you have you heart set on it or go for something where you know she will be ok. She's 17, she'll have to just miss out maybe - it's a pain but just one of those things. I know places round my way who check ID even if you look 30 just because of safety if anything kicks off.

Hope it works out whatever you end up doing x

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

My older sister phoned up bistro live and spoke to the manager and explained the situation and he said that as long as she doesn't drink she can come however if she is caught drinking then her and the responsible guardian will be kicked out. Crisis diverted Smiley smile Thanks everyone

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicola,

I went to a hen last year at Bistrolive in MK. one of the bridesmaids was only 17 and did manage to get in, albeit with fake ID. Everyone was ID'd and we weren't all that young I can assure you Smiley winking

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really? Wow, I'm surprised anyone would be willing to risk their license like this. Could you perhaps email them, to get it in writing in case the doormen refuse her entry?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was just going to suggest this so great news and a great outcome. Often it's better to just ask the question. As they say up north - "Shy bairns get nowt" Smiley winking Smiley winking

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsBurton2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Nicola,

Great news that they were ok with it. I have a friend who is having her hen at Bistro MK who is fretting about a similar problem so gona let her know Smiley smile Thanks

Sarah

xx

• N
    Beginner October 2014
    Nicola_25 ·
    • Hide content

Your welcome Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics