Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sophiehannah
Savvy June 2023 Cheshire

Hen Party ideas

Sophiehannah, 19 of February of 2022 at 13:32 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi everyone,

It's 16months until i get married and i am now wanting to book my hen party. I want it for March next year so only like a year away. Thought its best to get booking something and paying deposits etc.My question is i need ideas....i am doing 2 because my nanna, aunts etc wont do the heavy weekend drinking one so having an afternoon tea with them. But for me, my bridesmaids, friends etc i want to do a weekend away with a package maybe to Liverpool or Manchester? Any ideas or recommendations will be great x

3 replies

Latest activity by xkimx007, 21 of February of 2022 at 22:21
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Are you going to organise it yourself or are you getting your MOH/BM to organise? It is stressful trying to get everyone aligned to dates and paying etc, so I would suggest getting one of your bridal party to organise. you can of course give her direction as to what you would like but it takes the pressure off, and also still has an element of surprise. My MOH looked at Liverpool for mine as she had been before and said it is a good night out, but I am not a huge going out person so is not for me. if you are looking at a break maybe look for an AirBNB that you can all stay in as is cheaper but also gives you the freedom to do other things like maybe getting a cocktail class or chef in to cook one night. The big thing to consider though is how much your hens can afford, it is expensive enough to attend a wedding and some people may not be able to afford a weekend away. My hen is next weekend and we have a house for the weekend, first night we are having cheese and wine at the house and having a bit of a chilled night and are going to a Spa on the Saturday and then a meal out in the evening, I have 5 girls coming for the whole thing and 3 that are just coming to the meal, which I like the idea that people can dip in and out of elements, it is in Bournemouth so only 45 mins from home so easy for them to come for a bit,

for the aunts/Nans you could look at a spa day or an afternoon tea package.

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Charlotte that it's best to get your MOH to organise this with a steer from you on the kind of thing you would like (and hate!). Partly to take some organising stress off of you, but actually I think it's much kinder on the hens to be coordinating with someone who isn't the bride. It can be really hard to say no to the bride and this way they can be honest if something is going to be way out of budget for them or at a difficult time for them to attend - hopefully this way your MOH can organise something that all the hens are genuinely excited for rather than secretly frustrated about, which makes for a much better group and a fun time all round. Plus you get a nice surprise too - that you know you'll actually enjoy because you've given the steer!

• xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

As the others have said, I've let me MOH arrange mine but just given her a couple of ideas as a starting point.

Usual night out and group AirBnB idea but I also really wanted to do something fun/competitive/physical. Feel like stag dos are sometimes a bit more exciting on that front. So I asked if one activity could please be clay pigeon shooting lol! Really depends on your personality. I love gay bars and musical theatre too which my MOH knows.

Also doing the same as you with a second, more family-friendly hen do which my other MOH is organising. Ideas there were afternoon tea/spa day.

Some other ideas from hen do's that I've been on include live art drawing & cocktail making.

Hope that helps and hope you have a great time whatever goes ahead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics