Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samidolls
Beginner September 2015

:)Hen party last night! and an eventful day :(

samidolls, 6 of September of 2015 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0

So yesterday was a looooong day - I woke up at 6, smashed a glass shelf everywhere and spent half an hour cleaning the bathroom!

Then we went to pick up the bridesmaids dresses from the seamstress - they are perfect.

I went to pick up my wedding dress after alterations, but needed a couple more bits doing - it was massively loose on my bust, I could fit my entire fist down the front! so i was sent away fro half an hour while they added a couple of extra darts.

We went back and they had steamed the dress and packed it into the quilt cover and just gave us it - So I decided to go back to my mums to try it on again just to be sure. Thank god we did.

They totally cocked it up, she has put in extra darts that are really badly done, they change the shape of the corset bending the bones making it look like I have tubular boobs right around my body. the extra darts have also made it too tight so now I have back fat!

Complete disaster with only 19 days to go! fortunately she did a really crap job and never cut any of the material out of the darts (which then dug in) but it does mean it is fixable (I hope). I have an emergency appointment on tuesday with the seamstress who did the bridesmaid dresses - she is an expert in corsets so hopefully she can save the day (I only found her a few weeks ago and my dress fitting had been booked for .

So anyway then it was time for the hen do which was a much better end to the day! Until yesterday I didn't know anything about it except we were off for a meal at the pit.

We met in a bar next door to the restaurant, and all the hens were dressed in blue while I was in purple. I was awesome (and supposed to be a secret, but FMIL let it slip earlier in the week), we had cocktails there, then had our meal and my bridesmaids really went to town with everything everybody got party bags jammed full of stuff and there was a feather boa massacre! we even managed to convince one of the waiters to take his top off and flex his muscles for us (as was one of my bride dares!)

After the food we went to tiger tiger for lucky voice Karaoke which was awesome, more cocktails and a few shots, and a good boogie/dance - a bit longer in tiger tiger after our time was up and then it was hometime.

2 of my BMs stayed with me and we stayed up chatting for a bit and eventually dragged myself to bed at about 2am (not bad considering we left my house at 5:30pm!)

now i'm sat on the sofa, looking slightly smurflike (I had a blue boa and it decided to turn my arms blue!) waiting for my OH to get home from his stag!

me and my bridesmaids!

me in all my get up with my mum and FMIL

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I love reading the hen party reports! :-)

Sounds like you had a good night after all the things that went wrong during the day. I know how much fun the karaoke at Tiger Tiger can be because my hens did that as one of the surprises for me too. It's such a laugh isn't it?! :-D

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics