Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sparkles1984
Beginner

Hen Party moan

sparkles1984, 10 September, 2009 at 18:23 Posted on Planning 0 14

Well so much for my fab hen night im planning, down to a total of 6 people now and that includes me! Dont you just hate it when people say yes then when you want to book it they all change their minds.

Anyone wanna come? lol

14 replies

Latest activity by happy&stressed, 11 September, 2009 at 14:07
  • CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Thats such a shame, but at least you know the 5 others there are true friends (I hope!)

Sometimes small numbers means you can go that extra special bit further with plans and treats though x

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Well 2 sisters, 3 friends. Mum decided her and her friend didnt think it was worth going as they dont want to go to the ladies night with us ( I know my mother is being swayed by her friend which is really irritating me) she wanted to come with us a few days ago!

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

My friend had one of her bridesmaids pull out of the hen party the night b4 not good!!

like LauraSJ wrote the 5 people that r going are true friends - ull have a fab time im sure!!!

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh, im sorry hun. Maybe you could sit your mum down, with out her friend and explain how her not being there would make you feel. As for the other friends, if they cant be bothered thats their loss! You know how some times the unplanned nights are the best ones, maybe it will end a bit like that, and it will be you and the best of your best friends.

Keep your chin up! xx

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

If it's any consolation there was only 6 of us on mine but it was soooo much better having that amount as it kept it all manageable (we were at a festival for the weekend and therefore didn't have to worry about some people wanting to do different things!) I did have some people who cancelled on me too which was annoying but we had such a blast and you will too!

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Well I need £30 deposits to book the weekend. I mean £132 for 2 nights superior accomodation with brekkie both mornings, free entry to 5 clubs and a ladies night on the sat. Everyone said they were happy withy that when I suggested. Im going to along with the 6 I think but im unhappy about the way people can be sometimes!

Think im going to do a night in Cardiff closer to the wedding too so people that cant afford Birmingham can come out then too!

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Beccy, I think I remember seeing your pics, that looked fab. When was it and where?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I know its upsetting but try not to worry about it too much - you'll all have a fab time. I sometimes think that smaller numbers like that are better than huge groups

• DianeB
    Beginner August 2009
    DianeB ·
    • Hide content

If it's an consolation I had fourteen people at my hen night that my sister arranged. Some of them were her friends and some were my mums. I feel i didn't have the fun loving time with my friends as we were mixing with strangers. I would rather have had a small party with just my friends.

just my opinion

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, im coming round to that fact. Just really wanted my mum there but she said she doesnt want to go. had a chat with my dad on skype tonight as he works away and he going to have a word with her and see whats up. I think its because of her epilepsy and she thinks she will have a fit etc... who knows¬!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I plan to have two- one with mum and MIL and quieter friends and one without mums and louder friends. If your mum really doesnt want to go, could you suggest something really nice to do just the two of you at some point?

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Well I have not spoken to my MIL to be yet, seeing her on Sunday for the first timesince the beginning of July so that will be fun. Suppose I could do something like that, just wanted my mum out with me and her other 2 daughters! ahh well

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

This is the thing, the price was too good to miss out so I have decided im going to go for it anways, do what I want to do for a change, lol x

• H
    Beginner December 2009
    happy&stressed ·
    • Hide content

I had the same issue whe i was planning my friends hen do (i was cbm) loads were up for it then when it came to paying for it most were can't afford or don't want to do that. we still stayed over in birmingham (travelodge cost £20 each) the only thing was the brides step mum who was whinging her and her friend couldnt afford and didnt want to go to spa suggested going shopping!!!! which i hasten to add my friend hates but we did to keep them happy and they were spending a fortune so much for not being able to afford it!!!! Felt upset for my friend but we ended up having a fab night out

As mine hen do is going to be in the weeks leading up to xmas i think i'm just going to go local for a meal and then pubs and clubs, nothing great but i can't be doing with the hassle, at least this way they can come if they want go home when they want and wont have to worry that everyone is together!!! Then i'm going to do something a bit spesh with my big sis and few really close friends.

why dont men have this problem, its a case of getting married stag do here mates there!!!! and i've just written an essay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics