Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M

Hen Party - small gift ideas?

MOH to be, 28 of February of 2014 at 14:24 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

I have the task of planning my sisters hen and the day itself is sorted but i want to play a sort of game with her Smiley smile Nothing mean just a cheeky Q&A which im going to enlist the help of my future BIL with answers however the bit im stuck on is the rewards/ pressies.

Id like to try and keep to the old, new, borrowed etc and i think like most people im stuck on the something old. We dont have any family heirlooms/ jewellery type things i could speak to my dad about but at the same time id like something meaningful rather than just a 'gift' but also something that doesnt cost the earth!

Does anyone have any ideas? Im going to get her future hubs to write her a little love note, im 'borrowing' someones idea of allowing her to 'borrow' some cash for a drink at the bar and i also have my garter on stand by for the day if she needs it, blue i have the usual 'i do' stickers for her shoes amongst a few other little bits n bobs but im really stumped on this and i remember feeling the same when i was trying to do this for my wedding.

Any advise would be really appreciated. Ive not been an MOH before and whilst shes not a hard core party girl so the day will be more low key, i still want her to have some fun and a really good day.

Cheers all

Naomi, newbie Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 28 of February of 2014 at 19:56
  • alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

I got a load of antique keys on ebay for putting on my BMs' necklaces; I like them as there are some really pretty ones, that would look great on a chain or ribbon and can be the 'key to your happiness/future/something lovely'

Might be an idea? x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Could you order a newspaper copy from her birth date & ask questions about things going on in that month/year

- who was top of the pops on that day?

- What was Britians favourite take-away in that year?

- What other celebrity was born that day? (sorry about the massive pic!)

An idea for small gifts is trudeau silicone wine charms. They are those things you put on the wine glass so you know its your glass, but unlike those metal rings that rust, these are silicone & can be washed off. The stem of the flower twists around the glass & goes back through the flower. I bought some as a Christmas gift & loved them so much, I bought myself some. Less than £10 for packs of 12 at amazon, so only 82p per person.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics