Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Inspyre
Beginner August 2016

Hen Party - Very Small Wedding

Inspyre, 12 of February of 2015 at 15:00 Posted on Planning 0 6

I've come across a bit of stumbling block!

I'm having a very small wedding - 15 or so people at the ceremony, potentially up to 30-35 at the reception if everybody comes (only likely to have 2 of those say no).

It's mainly family, with a couple of plus ones and my best friend from school.

What do I do about a Hen Party?

I have a few work mates who I trained with at Uni who would love to be a part of it, but they aren't likely to be coming to the wedding due to it being essentially family only.

I'd love a trashy L plates and tutus night out with these people, but is it rude if they're not coming?

I'll also be having a more civilised one with family members and my bridesmaids (one my 13 yr old sister)

6 replies

Latest activity by TrixieSaurus, 12 of February of 2015 at 20:43
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I also had a small wedding and there were a couple of people I'd have liked to have had on the hen do who weren't invited to the wedding. I decided in the end it was a bit tight to invite people to the hen do who weren't invited to the actual wedding.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a hen night out and not been invited to the wedding. I wasn't offended, I knew my friend was only having a small wedding with literally only family and really close friends. IMO if they're good enough friends they'd understand.

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

Now neither of you have made it any easier on me by saying completely opposite things aha!

One of them I can easily talk to about wanting a night out with my friends as a hen do despite the small wedding but the other not so much. She's known from the get go that it'll be small nearly only family, but she's still so excited and asking loads of questions. I'm trying my hardest not to talk about it in front of/with her! I may just end up inviting her anyway.

• N
    Beginner October 2015
    NicNic1985 ·
    • Hide content

Hello. I currently live 4 hours away from my home town and am only having a tiny wedding (4 guests and a newborn) where I live now so I did not see the point in having a hen party. However my manager asked when I was having one when we were sorting out my holiday requests and has basically insisted on it!! So now I have a hen party with the girls from work to look forward to Smiley smile They know they cannot come to the wedding but they are still asking questions and are excited for me.

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    soontobeslatcher ·
    • Hide content

Id only invite people on my hen do, if they were invited to either the day or evening of the wedding x

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha sorry!

I think it comes down to your individual friendships, but I don't think you should miss out on a hen do just because you're having a small wedding Smiley smile I'd just make sure everyone knows where they stand re invites beforehand to avoid the possibility of anyone getting the wrong end of the stick (just in case!). I will be inviting some girls to my hen do even though they're only evening guests. They all know we're struggling to fit people in to the day as it is!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics