Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Hen party? What are you doing?

mummymrs2b, 13 of February of 2012 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 48

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas of what to do, where to go? X

48 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 16:52
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Depends where you are, how much you want people to spend, whos going (is just youngsters or have u got mums etc) what you enjoy doing!!

I only know il be in London for mine, no other details as my gorgeous bridesmaids have organised it!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    ce4mpMwp ·
    • Hide content

For my Hen do, my MoH and BMs booked a suprise beautiful luxury house and we had fun and games, spa treatments and belly dancing lessons. Its was brilliant, self catering option but they paid for someone to cook for us, the price they worked out was all inclusive so no worries about spending money too!!

I'd definitely recommend it!!

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

I have friends from age 20 to 38. My mum and mil will be coming but there only in there 40s and have warned them if they want to come or not. Not sure on what is expected to pay on a hen do. Was thinking about 150?! X

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen party this weekend just gone.

My bridesmaids organised it all and it was a total surprise. ?

On Friday night we went to a local restaurant for dinner. Saturday we went off somewhere where we did a couple of activities (blind driving and then driving a mud buggy maxcat thing) which were so much fun. Then we went to a nice hotel and had cream tea and then got ready to go out and we went to a comedy club and then danced the night away.

It all depends on what sort of things you like to do. We are all horsey girls, so not too much money and like a bit of an adrenalin rush.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

I'm off to London for 2 nights with 3 of my bridesmaids (the 4th will be 8 months pregnant) and my mum and FMIL were going to watch Wicked and then the girls have arranged 2 suprises for me. Going to have a meal at the local Turkish restaurant when we get back for everyone else

Have you thought about cocktail making, chocolate making or something like that, or a pamper day? i know liverpool have some good offers on - i looked through go Hen ad some other similar websites

• Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mummymrs2B,

I am going to Liverpool for my hen do. We have booked it through a company and for £245 per person we get the following:

2 nights B&B in a 4 star hotel

Friday night - comedy club and dinner

Saturday day - spa access and a 30 minute treatment

Saturday night - 3 course Italian meal and nightclub entry

Sunday PM - chocolate making workshop.

travel will be extra. think we will drive a sto get to Liverpool from Essex seems very expensive for the train. Hummers are masively expensive as are mini busees that i have looked at and i wouldn't like to go on a coach.

My girls range in ages from 24 to 30 and there will hopefully be 10 - 12 of us going. I plan on having a meal where i live at a local restaurant as well when OH is on his stag so that those who couldn't afford to come away can come as well as mu mum and MIL2B.

hope that helps Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm having two:

1: A weekend in a country house with a pool, sauna, hot tub etc. Mainly for the ladies in my family and OH's mum and sisters and a few close friends. Costing about £100 per person for the three nights then people will bring their own alcohol etc. We leave a week on Friday! Woo!

2: A night in Newcastle with mates. Don't know anything about this one as MOH is organising. Very exciting.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to benidorm for 5 days there are 10 of us in total it was actually cheaper than going away for 2 days here as we booked early last year.

Im also having a meal and drinks locally as some of my friends are pregnant and want to come out for food.

I think it just depends on budget etc and what u like.

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we are going to center parcs- you arent technically allowed to go there as a hen party, but I have a friend who works there who ensures me as long as you dont go around with blow up dolls etc they dont mind!!!

• aholloway
    Beginner September 2012
    aholloway ·
    • Hide content

Were going to Butlins for a 18+ 90s themed weekend. Been before and it was brilliant. Full of hen and stag parties. Would definitely recommend. xx

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I dont know and i am GAGGING to know!!!

• D
    Beginner
    DecemberBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a big drinker so I didn't fancy going out clubbing/ etc. We ended up having a joint hen/ stag murder mystery dinner at a really nice hotel in Windsor. Everyone dressed up in 1920's and it was great fun. All the girls met up in the afternoon for Afternoon Tea and Harte & Garter Hotel and the boys met up for a few drinks. Everyone then went back to their hotel rooms, got changed and everyone (about 25 of us) met up for murder mystery dinner. It was fabulous!!!!!

Oh, our wedding was in Thailand so it was a great way for our UK guests to mingle and get to know each other beforehand too :-)

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I'm *in* Liverpool and can't think of anything out of the oridinary to do!?

It'll just be a meal and drinks for us I suspect.

I think it's gone a bit OTT in recent years, a night out that everyone can attend and afford will suit me and OH. Although best man and bridesmaids would have done it different for sure!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

For mine we're having a night out in Plymouth.

Starting off in a local pub for a couple initial welcome drinks, then going for a meal at Frankie & Bennys, having a party bus pick us up from there for an hours tour followed by drinking and dancing the night away at a couple of bars and ending up in a club!

Don't think many of my hens were up for spending much money so was my only option really!

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content

We have rented a 3 storey townhouse in Edinburgh for the weekend. There will be 16 of us aged 21-56. On the friday going to stay in with drinks and take an xbox or wii or something and set up Singstar type games (also think my hens may secretly be getting me a naked butler as one of them joked about this then they all got very shifty and secretive). Then on saturday during the day going to do a cocktail making class and out for dinner, and those who are up for it will probably go to a club!

xx

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I only know a little bit as my bridesmaids are in charge of the details!

We're going to Eastbourne and staying in a spa hotel... I think they might have booked cocktail making classes too. That's all I know! I'm very excited Smiley smile

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

My plan (I am doing my own as I am far to much of a comtrol freak to let my MOH or BM do it) is to go to york for the weekend where I was at uni. To go down on the friday and go for a meal and few drinks with friends, mother, future mother in law, then on the saturday to go to york races, then older genreation can go home and myself and my girlies will hit the town, possibly in disney/princess fancy dress. I have ages till may 2013 to get excited about it lol. I am sure my girls will sneak a few suprises in no matter how hard I try to keep control

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

My BM and I are just in the process of organising mine. We are going to Birmingham to watch the matinee performance of the Dirty Dancing Tour, then back to a Travelodge to change before going out for a Meal and Drinks in the evening. We're staying overnight in the Travelodge then going for for breakfast and a spot of shopping on the Sunday before coming home. There are 13 of us going, aged from 21-58! Can't wait!

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

We will probably just go for dinner and then somewhere with music and dancing i doubt a club tho full of drunken teenagers.x

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

I've just found out what i'm doing.. going to the sea side having a surfing lesson then BBQ and cocktail making on the beach. Next day having a cheer leading lesson. Staying in a B&B .. its worked out around 180 pp which i thought was quite good and all the girls are coming!! Love my maids for doing this.. O and my mum is coming 50+ but shes more wild that us lol!!

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

All I know is that I am off to Southampton. We (I suspect) will be doing some sort of adventure day which is perfect for me. I have been checked about heights so I am hoping jumping off a tree or a zip wire or something which I am super exctied about. Unsure about anything else except I know that in the evening the fancy dress is Leading ladies which I am very excited about and I plan on wearing this:

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds brilliant kharv! I'm looking at having a country house weekend at a similar amount per person for the house itself. Are you doing any planned activities whilst there or simply enjoying chilling out together and homemade games?

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

EKK i can't wait!! They know me so well and be good practice for our honeymoon too

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Mine hasnt been planned yet, but my hens are wanting to start planning now and have asked me for ideas and to have a meeting this friday.

I told them that I want to go for a curry and a few pints.

They have told me that this is not acceptable.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know I can't wait!

Plan is lots of wine and games like Articulate, Pictionary etc. Everyone will be arriving at different times on the Friday so I'm asking everyone to bring a dish so people can help themselves during the course of the evening.

Saturday daytime I'm leaving everyone to their own devices then Saturday evening we're going to order takeaway and play games.

Sunday will be pub lunch then probably a chilled out movie night before home on Monday.

Where are you looking?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have no idea how perfect this sounds to me!! Bridesmaid is looking at possiblity of getting a butler in the buff in for the sat night as well!! Not fixated on any specific area but did come across sleeps12 website which has some AMAZING properties in Devon with indoor pools etc.. Where did you find yours? Having seen the properties with the pools I'm obsessed now but can't find any anywhere else but Devon!!

• katgreene
    Beginner December 2012
    katgreene ·
    • Hide content

As I'm such a saddo(!) and a huge TOWIE fan we are going to The Sugar Hut dressed up with fake tan, fake hair, fake eyelashes etc!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I found ours through Sykes Cottages. How many of you are there?

This is a good website: https://www.groupaccommodation.com/

also try these:

https://www.countrycottagesonline.com/henparty-cottages.php

http://www.uniquehomestays.com/unique/search.asp?by=type&data=unique_houseparty&country=6&county=ALL

https://www.thebigdomain.com/

https://big-cottages.com/big_cottages_with_swimming_pools.html

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh brilliant I'll check those out!! Not sure on how many yet, need to email out to people and see how many are up for it - could be anywhere between 10 and 20 I think!! Might give you a shout out if I have more questions after!! 😄 🥳

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sure!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I am also having two.

* A long weekend in spain, all inclusive with 8 of my closest friends, My Mum and my mums best friend( who is my surrogate mum and have known since I was tiny!) £190 with flights, accomodation and all inclusive.

* Another in my local town with all of the people that couldn't make the abroad hen weekend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics