Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

Hen party? What are you doing?

mummymrs2b, 13 of February of 2012 at 12:20

Posted on Planning 48

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas of what to do, where to go? X

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas of what to do, where to go? X

48 replies

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am having a day in Stratford Upon Avon. We are having cream tea and a light lunch in a trendy bar followed by a river cruise and then drinks and games in a private area of a riverside bar. A limo is then picking us up and taking us to Warwick where we will meet some of the ladies who couldn't make the day and have a table booked for 15 for dinner followed by a few drinks in the pubs.

• LeaLeigh
    Dedicated September 2012
    LeaLeigh ·
    • Hide content

Hen Party 1: Which my MIL excitedly called up to book onto last minute......BLACKPOOL!!!

Tacky Tacky and more Tack lol. Pleasure beach and Adonis Cabaret. Only 10 of us on the whole weekend. My mum is joining us for the Cabaret with some other relatives/friends

Hen Party 2: In Leeds where I live but this is being organised by my Bridesmaids. They were gobsmacked when I asked them to plan it (I don't delegate easily) and are a bit frightened but they know me well and I trust them. I have anywhere between 20-30 coming on this.

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? This did make me giggle. Let us know who wins....

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

We're heading into London for a 'fascinator' making class then wearing what we've made and posh frocks heading to one of the parks for a picnic (unless it rains in which case it'll be Macdonalds lol). Originally we planed to do something on the Friday night but worked out too expensive by the time we'd factored in hotels etc.

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    AnnieWhite1985 ·
    • Hide content

I am having trouble coming up with ideas! All my friends seem to be getting married this year and I am next year, so I am struggling to come up with something that they have not already chosen, AND that is not too expensive or too far away from where I live (Swindon).

At the moment I am thinking of something like this http://www.ashecottage-holidaylets.co.uk/

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    Stephyb26 ·
    • Hide content

Hi blushing bride,

This is very weird, you are my date and hen party twin! I get married on June 9th and I'm having my hen do in Edinburgh which the girls have organised for me. There are 16 of us staying in an apartment & that's all i know! When is your hen do, if it's same weekend as mine that would actually be too freaky...x hope your plans are going well x

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No way!! Do yu know where the apartment is? Mine is the weekend of the 4th May, you? Are you involved in the plans or is it a surprise?

x

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    Stephyb26 ·
    • Hide content

Ah mine is Easter weekend, 5th April?! I only know the location, who's Going and that it's an apartment! Everything else is a suprise- elements have been dropped out by over excited guests but not enough to ruin the surprise ! I think ot will be similar to you though with the games n drinks etc on the friday night, something in the day and then out at night on the sat! My only requests were that mum mum n mil2b Would be ok with it.... Hmm!!

I'm so excited - off work this week so it's wedding planning week for us... Literally getting the finishing touches done then can sit and relax (well move house - nothing like an added bit of pressure, lol)

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content

Very nice, youll need to let me know how it goes!

Oh you don't like to make it easy for yourself do you Smiley tongue, Hope you enjoy your week with the planning! x

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Vegas for a hen/stag adventure Smiley smile All our bridal party members are going, my OH's mum and aunt are coming (though they're going to do their own thing), my brothers are going, and a couple more girlfriends. All told, though, most of those people are in North America anyways, so it's not as much of a hike. I've got my MoH on the job of finding us hotel suites with the best deals for spa usage and night spots, and figuring out some of the shows and sights we're going to see. The best men are planning the stag bits, but we're all staying in the same hotel and will get together during the days and maybe for one night out. All told I think we're staying 6 nights. Not a hen party for the faint of heart ?

• G
    GaynorGirl ·
    • Hide content

If you are looking for great ideas for games to play at your Hen Party check out this awesome Hen Party Website for ideas.

• G
    GaynorGirl ·
    • Hide content

Sorry here's the link; Great Hen Party Ideas and Games.

• G
    GaynorGirl ·
    • Hide content

One last try: http://www.henpartygames.info

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just a tip GaynorGirl, you can't embed links into posts until you're a more established forum poster... Stops people from, you know, joining to bounce older threads with advertising when they aren't paid up supplier members of the site... Just saying Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*sigh*

Oh dear Gyanor- where were you when my 3 hen do's were being planned?!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

No idea! My MoH is organising it. I have a vague idea that it is at her house.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics