Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Apples84
Beginner August 2012

Hen party with a youngish bridesmaid

Apples84, 16 January, 2012 at 07:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi

Ive been starting to think of hen party ideas, if it was up to me I would probably just go into Leeds and have something to eat and lots of drinks but my guest list will include my mum, my sister who doesn't drink, my younger bridesmaid (13) and her mum plus some friends. I would like something that we can do through the day so my bridesmaid can come but then have the option to go out afterwards for those who want to drink.

Any suggestions around the Leeds, Manchester, York area? I thought about a spa but she is still too young for that, or lunch at Betty's but what else would we do?

Thanks x

6 replies

Latest activity by * Tara *, 17 January, 2012 at 23:25
  • Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

I went to a hen party once were the bridesmaid was 14 at the time so we went to a racecourse (children are allowed) and it was great! We didn't have to worry about her getting knocked back for being udnerage but we could still let her have a tiny bit of champagne to celebrate! My my own hen party (with 13 and 15 year olds for bridesmaids) I had 2 hen parties. One was so that we could include them so it was just me and my 4 bridesmaids (all family) so we went out for a meal then did a ghost tour around the city! It was brilliant! Had a good laugh but went on quite late but we had a sleepover afterwards too, doing our nails and facepacks and stuff. My second hen night was a proper night out then with over 18's only so nobody was left out, I felt really special and everyone had a good time at both occassions!

• emmieloos
    Beginner August 2015
    emmieloos ·
    • Hide content

My Auntie had 2 hen parties too when I was her bridemaid. A crazy one out with her friends clubbing and stuff and then a tame one the following weekend just for a meal out with all the bridesmaids (me my mum and her OHs neice who was 10) her mum, mil and various other relatives from ohs family.

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    Princess124 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

How about a cupcake making class, just googled them and this comes up in york http://www.dottyaboutcake.com/

There is 'go ape' near pickering (not too far from york i hope) for something a bit more active.

Xscape in castleford

Chocolate making workshop - http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Experience/Ref/XCDTC/A-Chocolate-Heaven-Workshop?method=Section

Hope that helps

• Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, will have a look at these ideas. I will probably end up going down the two hen do route, one for family, another for drunken friends lol x

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We went out for afternoon tea for my hen party, which included my mum and MIL and my two 'underage' bridesmaids. It can last a good few hours actually, we had a lovely table in the National Portrait Gallery and a couple of rounds of sandwiches, then scones, then cakes can actually take a while to do.

After that the mums and little 'uns went home and we went out drinking.

Beginner
    * Tara * ·
    • Hide content

Just been reading your plea, so to speak.

The two hen do idea sounds good, i'm from Hull so your looking at similar area's to what I would be, and can I just say that York dungeons are brilliant, I went with some girlfriends a couple of years ago, and it was hilarious!

Also, the idea someone posted about the racecourses is a brilliant idea, me and H2B often go (we are going next month for his birthday infact!) and we always have a great time, often lots of groups of girlies go and its a good excuse to get dressed up, children/teens are allowed and tickets are usually around a tenner or at some race courses I know they are free. Doncaster racecourse is lovely and as far as i'm aware they do hen packages.

Otherwise, something like Go-Ape, ice skating (hilarious!!!) bowling, go-karting etc which aren't your "conventional" hen do's but are really fun, and can involve everyone and then on the night time things get messy!

Hope this rambling on helps, lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics