Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CupcakeQueen
Beginner January 2011

Hen Weekend Hell...sorry its a downer :(

CupcakeQueen, 31 October, 2010 at 18:26 Posted on Planning 0 48

Hi Ladies

I cant even really begin to explain what has happened other than that one of my best friends and bridesmaids just completely destroyed my hen weekend. I am so gutted as the others put so much effort into it and I just cant process what has happened really.

Sorry its a downer but I am a friend and bridesmaid down and have had one of the one-off things you do in your life completely destroyed.

To apologise for the downer I have a flash of my hair trial I had before I went on Friday, what you think? The fringe will be neater

Laura xx

48 replies

Latest activity by Snow Patroller, 1 November, 2010 at 14:19
  • Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Your hair looks amazing!

What happened?! Sounds like it was awful...My best friend is looking like she might do that to mine atm. Hope youre okay.x x

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your Hen Night ☹️ At least, if it makes you better, you can focus on a fabulous wedding without the people mentioned or worrying about them possibly ruining your day.

Your hair looks fantastic, and I love your headband, I've never seen anything like that with the dangly heart ? x

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! How awful - I'm really sorry to hear that Laura Smiley sad

I don't really know what to say other than forget about the girl who has done this and concentrate on the good people and having a wonderful wedding. Don't let it bring you down! I know it's easier said than done, but soon you will be marrying the love of your life and it's going to be a fabulous day with all the people who care about you there and it's silly moo's loss that she won't be there, not yours!

On the happier note - your hair is beautiful - so shiny and thick! I love the style you have chosen!

OT - wow at your dimples! I wish I had some Smiley laugh

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh hun that is horrible for you. What on earth did they do? From what you have written it wounds as though you are pretty determined that they arent going to be part of your day which is a shame as they obviously meant something to you when you started planning your day. However I agree that if they have hurt you that they have no place at your day.

You hair looks lovely though and your head piece fits so well into it. XX

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Sorry you have had a crappy w/e but you're hair looks lovely. Move on from it, weddings can bring out the worst in people.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Your hair looks gorgeous! x

Sorry to hear about your "friend", if you need to get it out you are in the right place xxx

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, I am in complete shock to be honest. The girl got drunk and created this huge row on the Friday night and divided the whole party, forcing people to choose. She had no regard whatsoever to the reason we were there, I dont think she liked not being the centre of attention and after a truely miserable day yesterday I tried to speak to her to clear the air before our night out. All she had to say was 'I am fine, I have had a great day so I dont know what you're here for' looking at me like I was something she stepped on.

There is so much too it but it couldnt have been anymore spiteful and hateful. I get back tonight to add pics to Facebook and see she has taken me off her friends.

I think some of it is that she knows what a hole she has dug and its easier to be a b*tch than to admit how awful your behaviour has been...

This was meant to be my bridesmaid

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Your hair looks lovely and love the hairband.

So sorry about your friend and hen night. what on earth happened, sounds heavy? I hope you have enough support from your other BMs to put it behind you and have a wonderful wedding

x

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

God, she sounds like a nightmare! I better she does regret her behaviour now but like you say it's easier not to apologise. You're better off without her. I hope your other friends haven't taken any notice of her bitching

Enjoy the rest of your planning - she obviously wasnt a true friend and is just jealous of you

xx

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear about your dreadful weekend LauraSmiley sad Like your hair thoughSmiley smile

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

Aww date twin that sound like total poo - I'm so so sorry that you had such a downer on your hen do. Try not let it get you down too much and move on to finalising the wedding planning. On the plus side your hair looks fabulous.

Have a ? and a ?

xx

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

My thoughts on the subject go something like this

1. Sod her

2. good riddance to bad rubbish

3. Sod her

4. Bet your glad you found out what she is like now

5. Sod her

6. Think of the savings you are making

7. Sod her

8. Who needs enemies when you have friends like that

9. Sod her

10. Can't think of anything else... so .... (yep you guessed it) sod her!!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this! Sorry she sh@t all over your night... On the plus side, your hair looks stunning!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies, I was dying to come home and 'talk' it all out with you guys x

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Aaaah Laura I did see something on FB, but thought it might have just been a blip. Wot a total cow, have you managed to speak to her at all? Chin up sweetcheeks your hair looks fab by the way.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

When I spoke to her she just said 'what do you want?' you cant reason with someone like that x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Aw Laura I'm so sorry you had a rubbish time. Boo to your stupid bm/friend and I really hope she admits she was in the wrong soon although she doesn't deserve your friendship anymore.

Your hair trial is lovely and the tiara works very well.

Mrs T2B it is a snowflake crystal thats in her tiara ?

Laura have a big massive squishy hug ?? xx

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry your weekend was spoilt, strange how weddings can bring out the worst in people. Her loss, think you should just forget her and concentrate on your special day. Don't waste any more energy being upset or worrying, it's not worth it, you have such a happy time ahead to look forward to instead.

on the plus side, your hair and tiara are lovely!

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Im so sorry that you have had a terrible time.

all you can do is try and look forward to your special day and try not to think about the people who arent worth it

xx

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

I just don't understand some people ... what a nasty coo.

But your hair is fab and that tiara is very unusual!

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

Oh Laura, I' m so sorry to hear that. Maybe another day you can get together with a couple of friends (who are not complete dicks!) and have a nice girly night in. Then you can have a right *** and get back to realising who is really there for you.

Your hair is gorgeous btw!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Im so sorry to hear about your weekend Laura. I think you need to forget about the ones that spoilt it for you and remember the ones that were there for you. I hope your ok.

Your hair looks gorgeous btw. x

• Weegee
    Beginner August 2012
    Weegee ·
    • Hide content

Hair looks fab BTW,. Well least you found out her true colours now. Some people can be so spiteful its unreal. Anyhow you have a lovely wedding to prepare for, don't let this put a downer on the rest of your wedding preps- she's made it clear shes not worth the time nor effort! So chin up, smile and let her see what a fool she's been!

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If thats her attitude....**** her. Your wedding day will be perfect, with or without her. It's your day, don't let one person put a downer on it. She will only come to regret her behaviour.

Your hair looks lovely Smiley smile *chin up* xxx

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your friend. Must be awful for you. ?

Your hair looks amazing. Really suits you. x

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Alcohol often brings out the worst in people.

Hen nights/stag nights often contain far more than necessary amounts of alcohol consumption.

That's partly why I don't plan on having one.

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

She sounds like a witch! Know it must be v upsetting but try and forget about her. As others have said it's funny how weddings can bring out the worst in some people and at least now she won't have a chance to throw a strop at your wedding.

Hair looks fab by the way - v glossy! x

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bit of a sweeping statement, no? I think its more to do with the person ultimately than the booze for them to do something as horrid as this and then not be on bended knees apologising for it at least afterwards. Bit of a shame that you feel that folk you should feel good about knowing actually turn into a complete bunch of cwunts just because they've had a drink, so you won't have a stag? Doesn't say much for how you feel about your mates.

Alcohol can bring out the worst in people, yes, but not normally to this extent if they are ultimately supposed to be one of your best mates.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is no law that says I have to have a stag night, I find the whole concept rather distasteful, I don't drink alcohol anyway and feel very uncomfortable in the company of drunk people (even if not in my particular group but other occupants of the venue) so I don't see the point in bothering with one. I'm sure that people could do far better things with their money anyway.

My point of view has nothing to do with my particular circle of friends, or how I might feel about them - it's just a fact that alcohol can ruin a lot of things when people get out of control having had too much (as this particular thread, and various others) show, and I don't need that risk or hassle.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Please be careful how you word things. That sort of sentiment could get on a lot of people's nerves.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry if you don't like it but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

AJ not all Stag & Hen partys contain alchohol, that is a really sweeping statement to be honest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics