Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CupcakeQueen
Beginner January 2011

Hen Weekend Hell...sorry its a downer :(

CupcakeQueen, 31 October, 2010 at 18:26

Posted on Planning 48

Hi Ladies I cant even really begin to explain what has happened other than that one of my best friends and bridesmaids just completely destroyed my hen weekend. I am so gutted as the others put so much effort into it and I just cant process what has happened really. Sorry its a downer but I am a...

Hi Ladies

I cant even really begin to explain what has happened other than that one of my best friends and bridesmaids just completely destroyed my hen weekend. I am so gutted as the others put so much effort into it and I just cant process what has happened really.

Sorry its a downer but I am a friend and bridesmaid down and have had one of the one-off things you do in your life completely destroyed.

To apologise for the downer I have a flash of my hair trial I had before I went on Friday, what you think? The fringe will be neater

Laura xx

48 replies

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Whilst I would agree that in my case the alcohol on the first night made her act inappropriately she could have been forgiven with a sincere apology. What upsets me in my case is her behaviour after the event when she was sober and her attitude that she would rather carry on ruining my entire weekend (and our friendship) than take responsibility for herself, and she cant blame the alcohol on that one.

Everyone else was drinking and acted perfectly lovely.

EDIT- Thank you Claire and all you other lovelies xx

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

So sorry your so called friend ruined your hen weekend Laura. On the plus side, at least she played up on your hen weekend rather than at your actual wedding.

Your hair looks fab, totally loving your tiara/headband. I love the snowflake.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Exactly, and I went to speak to her after she ruined the whole saturday daytime too to try and clear some air before we went out on the saturday night. This is when she was really cocky and arrogant and just said 'well I am having a great time so I dont know what you're here talking to me for' amongst other things. It didnt help that she had her friend there (who doesnt like me so god knows who invited her) loving the drama and fueling the fire.

I just walked away, I think the shock did it.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Cowbag Smiley sad Hopefully she will apologise - and if not, I hope as someone suggested you can focus on the lovely friends you were with.

Your hair looks so pretty! Really suits you. I'd maybe have the veil slightly higher, but this is just a personal thing.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your friend, Laura. Sounds to me like it was her attitude that was flawed, not your hen party. Put it behind you, be grateful for your real friends and prepare to be a Mrs! Onwards and upwards, m'dear.

Losing a friend is never nice but you really be better off without someone like that in your life.

CB x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, back to the real point of the thread ?

Really like the hair trial. Think having your fringe more 'together' (if that makes sense) will make it look so much more polished.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

It was horrendous for everyone, everyone couldnt wait to get home and there have been more than a few tears from some of the other girls too, especially my maid of honour who organised it for a year.

I was having a 2nd hen night in on 27 November anyway but I am going to up my game a bit more with this one and do exactly as you suggest and treat it as the real one.

Pics are going up on FB now but for me its an album of fake smiles, and I dont really want to remember it x

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree, the fringe was a bit more dirty than it would be. I'd moosed the hair to help it style but the fringe got a bit too much of it!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Dirty fringe?? lol! Don't know why but thats amused me!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

@ Snow Patroller - is it smut o'clock where you are?!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

um .... <looks around sheepishly>... possibly! lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics