Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

Hen weekend starts tomorrow….

Shay, 9 of May of 2024 at 21:02 Posted on Planning 0 17
I’m all packed and ready for the weekend ahead! I am nervous, but I am looking forward to it with the girls! Is anyone else’s hens or stag this weekend? 😬❤️

17 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 17 of May of 2024 at 22:02
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

Hey Shay,

So how was your Hen?Smiley smile hope you all had a lovely time.

What did you do for it? I am trying to get some ideas.

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Katrina! It was the best weekend ever! Thank you for asking. We done axe throwing, table top golf, karaoke room, some nice restaurants, games at the hotel and then a tribute band. It was all just good fun. We then ended it with a nice roast dinner in town when we got home. X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile Glad you had a good time sounds fun and lots to do!

When are you getting married?Smiley smile how long have you got now?

I pray it is everything you hoped for. I get married next year Feb thinking about having Hen in the summer months lets see.

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We get married this July! It’s all flying in so fast! I hope we soak it all in!!! I have a week off in June just to relax before it and get everything paid so I hope this helps. A hen in the summer sounds good! You will have a blast! X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Enjoy your last few months as a bride Smiley smile

July will be here before we know it. I feel like I have most of our suppliers now.

Thinking just a meal we shall see Smiley smile I am planning it myself I don't have any bridesmaids.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Enjoy your week off Smiley smile

I have half term off after next week. I break up for summer on 21st of June I go back to work end of August. So I have plenty of time during summer to get wedding things done. Some exciting events coming up in June wedding related. Smiley heart

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! You make sure you enjoy it all! A meal will be lovely! No need to go over board! Thank you so much! X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley smile Indeed as I won't be inviting any of the girls to our wedding. They are a new friendship group on mine still getting to know them. Only met them last year!
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What is your reason for not inviting them? Is it because of how long you’ve known them? If that is the reason don’t let it put you off incase you regret it! X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We just wanted a small wedding with close family tbh. We have about 35 guests coming. In the evening up to 40. We wanted small and intimate.

Part of the reason is also how I don't really truly know them they may let me down. There are some family We have invited but we are not sure if they will turn up we shall see. As some live abroad so I am hoping we get over 30!
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is very understandable. I totally get that. I have upset some family members today that they are not invited so it’s not been a good morning. It amazes me who wants to be part of your day when they did not try before.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Even my Dad got upset as I didn't want alot of his family to come. As I hardly see them also they don't really bother with me. So why would I want them there on our special day?! I allowed my Dad to invite like 5 guests from his side of family. I was not happy about it but it is what it is. We sent out our save the dates quite early. As we are getting married on a week day due to budget and my working pattern. So wanted to give people As much notice as possible. So they can start to plan ahead.

You will see the true colours of family and how they act. You will see who is truly there for you and those who support you. When it comes to big events in your life. We just have to wait and see who is going to show up. We are thinking to send out invites about 3 months before wedding. When did you send yours out? Me and Fiance just want it small and intimate. He is not really social like me.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can see why you done that for your Dad but I get when it puts you in a hard position! I am from a HUGE family and I have only invited 5 and only 2 can come. I just don’t see them and the abusive one today just is not worth bothering with. We sent the invites out for people who are travelling in January and the last lot went out March! Our RSVP date was 2 weeks ago and we are still awaiting 10 replies! It was 30 but they all seemed to land on the same day the other week. I would have had a smaller wedding as I just am not the same person I was before the pandemic but when we added it up it came to 140!!! And there was just no one we could or would cut as I/we had already cut the people we weren’t bothered about. So I think it’s 120 coming! A good few can’t come due to health, already away and special occassions aswell.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alot of people if I invited everyone I know could get over 100 too. It's the cost as well it all adds up. If they don't bother with me why invite them? I hope those family members you have invited are sincere. I hope the outstanding people will respond back to u soon as well.

The main thing is you are getting married Smiley smile you will be joined together. Becoming one flesh that part of the service is the most important and only lasts for about 20 mins. We are going to have a blessing with our church at a later stage.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is very true! I said to my fiance today, we are having the wedding of our dreams but when I imagined marrying you I didn’t imagine all of this it was the marriage part I imagined. ❤️ Funnily enough everyone replied today so we are good to go!!! The blessing sounds lovely! Yes, it can all add up! X
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smiley smile Thats great news all sorted then. Roll on July time. Are all your suppliers sorted then?=)♡
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead ").

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics