Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

Hen Weekend...how far in advance?

sr3693, 24 March, 2011 at 20:16 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hey all,

As above really...am planning on going to Spain for 3 nights for my hen do, was planning on going 4th May, getting married 26th, do you think this is too close to the wedding?

How far in advance is everyone having theirs?

Thank youuuu Smiley winking

15 replies

Latest activity by sr3693, 25 March, 2011 at 13:39
  • Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I don't think so! Its plenty of time before the wedding, especially as some people i have known have had them just before. It depends on how much you think that you will have to do before hand and how long it might take you?

I am going to Spain for 3 nights next early may and wedding will be 16th June, so bit later than you.

HTH

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

My H2B is having his September 1st and we get married almost 2 months later on Nov 26th, he's doing it to coincide with his 30th Birthday too though. I'm thinking of having mine towards the middle/end of September as I can imagine I'll want the last few weekends free for wedding bits and bobs closer to the day.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Im having workone on oct1-2 i get married nov 4th-- ?-but need to decide on where to get the girls one ?

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married on 23rd Dec and I am having my Hen Do on 2nd Dec.... Three weeks. But it's not a weekend, just a day...

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

We get married on 29th Dec, having my hen do on 12th Nov. Would have left it a bit later but want to hopefully avoid the snow and also get in before people start having their Christmas parties! Hopefully booking the hotel tomorrow to get a good rate!

x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone...ummm may have to have a local one before the big one then cuz I'll only have have 2 free weekends to sort final bits if i need too before the wedding so i dont want to use them Smiley winking

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

I think thats plenty of time!

Im getting married in the July and having mine mid may but this is only because I dont get many weekends off work and the only other weekend im off before the wedding is too close and I would prob have to sort things for the wedding!

Plus I think im going to have a local one that weekend as the one in May we are going abroad so not everyone will be able to come.

I wouldnt worry if I had the option of going closer I would!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Mine is 6 weeks before - mainly because we move 4 weeks before the wedding, but also because it means the wedding and hen night are in different pay months so people can spread the cost.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

DATE TWIN!!!

Im having my hen do that weekend, 5th /6th of May as its a bank holiday!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Mine was last week which was a month before the wedding and Im glad i didnt leave it too close as i still have loads to do

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Im gettin married 2nd July and my hen do is 21st May. we really just went for cheapest wkend! I will have another nite abut the town, hopefully first wkend in June. and then a meal with all mums, aunts etc, again prob some fri or sat nite in June.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

I get married 22nd Oct and having mine 6 weeks before on 9th Sept. Purely because 2 BM's are on holiday in the 2-4 weeks before the wedding so it was just the best time for everyone.

I think it depends on how organised you are and what you will need to do in the weeks leading up to the big day. I'm planning on having everything done with 4 weeks to go incase there are any hiccups, and then I can deal with them without panicking that I haven't bought this or haven't made this etce etc x

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I think thats fine, I guess it all depends on how organised you are. We are getting married on the 24th July and my hen is the 17/18th June so it gives me 4 full weeks, personally I wouldnt want it any closer than that.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I had mine last weekend and my wedding is May 21st, so quite a long gap. Originally we were going to have it on the last weekend of April but then one of my hens found out she was pregnant and that weekend is also her due date, so we had to bring it forward. Glad we did now because I wouldn't want to clash with the royal wedding!!!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yayyyy date twinnie!! Smiley winking

That was my thinking behind it too...go on thurs, come back sunday and get monday off for free, lolll! What you doing Flow?

The H2B will go last weekend in March so plenty of time....just incase, haaa!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics