Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

katie1103
Beginner September 2012

******* hen weekends abroad ********

katie1103, 27 September, 2011 at 11:44 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello hitchers, Myself and my CB are starting to plan my hen weekend whooop!Smiley smile its not going to be until july/aug next year but i want people to have plenty of notice to save/ arrange childcare etc, can anyone suggest a destination they have been to i dont want anything too wild no greasy male strippers or the like, and how did you book did u do it as a package or do flights and hotel sepratley?? thanks xxxx

11 replies

Latest activity by katie1103, 28 September, 2011 at 17:58
  • (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I would have a look at events companies on the net, there are loads out there, I used eclipse leisure when planning mine we went to Edinburgh for the weekend, I do rememeber when we considered going abroad some companies only included accomodation and activities, you had to book your flights seperate but Im sure that are some organisers out there that do everything.

• xtine88xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xtine88xx ·
    • Hide content

Hey I am in the same situation with my hen do at the mo as well - looking to go July next year!

I have found some really good packages on redsevenleisure.com and they can arrange flights for you too if needed. Only thing is the prices they show I think they go up a bit depending on how many people you have. Also had a look at getting a Villa in Marbella and flights which worked out around the same price, if not a little bit more, and you'd need to sort out transfers etc. so I guess it depends what you're after.

That site let you play in monthly instalments too which I thought was quite good as the price of going abroad might put people off!

• A
    Beginner March 2012
    amyc1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am going to the Algarve (Albufeira) for my hen do at the beginning of March next year. I started off looking into it with the hen companies (I recommend Maximise and Stag Hen - they were very helpful and reasonable prices), however in the end I booked the hotel and flights separately as we weren't too sure what activities we wanted to do and when, and we only really wanted to go for 2 nights and these companies generally have a minimum of 3 nights. Got a great deal though as I booked a year in advance, flight was £52 return and hotel was £46 for 2 nights B&B ?

I'm really looking forward to it! Good luck with whatever you book ?

• F
    Beginner August 2012
    furture mrs yates ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katie_lou, I have just booked my hen do for next july. I am going to Marbella porto benus. We have booked our flights and accomodation seperatly. we booked our flight with easyjet and went direct to the appartment company and got a better deal. when looking thompsons was not bad though for a deal package. what you need to take into consideration is how many are going as when booking a package they only let you book up to so many online. We have set up an account so everyone can pay money in so they dont have to find a big chunk and what ever intrest we get is going in the bar in the airport.

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I found that the deals on these kind of websites (henheaven, red7 etc) are a lot better value when your location is in the UK than it is going abroad. With Prague, for example, I live in Czech Republic so I know exactly what the real cost of all the transfers, accommodation, food, drinks etc should be, and when you add up the cost of 2 nights accommodation, a 2 course meal with a half bottle of wine and a cocktail afternoon with 2 cocktails up it was £250 for the group which is WAY, WAY overpriced for Prague where a glass of wine costs £1!

• SoonToBeMrsH
    Beginner January 2012
    SoonToBeMrsH ·
    • Hide content

There's 6 of us going to Torremolinos for two nights all inclusive in a 3 star for £125 each x

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

i went on a hen this year to ibiza which was fab, deffo want to go all inclusive even though im extremely fussy eater youve got ur drinks all paid for even better if they do cocktails, i was thinking benidorm ive been before and i think itl be good and i can just imagine taking my mum to see sticky vicky lol xx
  • K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about going abroad about july/august time aswell for 2 nights.....how did you all get it so cheap???

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Benidorm for mine BM's ideas so should be a right laugh although ive never been before.

Its costing us £170 for our flights, transfers and my mams friends villa for 5 nights and 6 days in may which I dont think is bad for nearly a week abroad!

I found when booking it was a lot cheaper to do it seperately and Jet2.com do deposits for only £25 or £30 for your flights if there is 10 or more of you going. I also know that Dawson and Sanderson do some good accomodation only deals and their transfers are cheap too!

Good Luck

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thank you ive only been looking on easy jet where the flights are stil really expensive and ryan air which is sayin the flights arent avalaible yet

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

I just realised your in cardiff and im not sure if jet2 fly from there. To be honest I think my mate who lives down there is going to travel to Bristol and fly from there and I think her flight was slightly cheaper than ours! Just keep checking availability.

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

yeah i just checked and the nearest to us is east midlands, never mind ? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics