Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrideCummins14
Beginner April 2014

Hengrave Hall

BrideCummins14, 17 of September of 2013 at 14:34 Posted on Planning 0 12

Is anyone or has anyone got married here before?! Pros and cons - any tips? What did people think of the staff / service?

12 replies

Latest activity by Loopz, 18 of September of 2013 at 19:19
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Looks gorgeous. Hope someone can help with your questions.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ! I love it and so pleased we booked, seems they skirt around the edges when we ask questions sometimes though which is a pain, for example 'can we use candles?' 'yes' but really they should have said, yes real ones in the church, fake ones in the venue. Only silly things like that but keeps happening and it's quite annoying x

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I love Hengrave Hall, shot the owners daughters (Emma) wedding a few months ago ? and have photographed so many weddings at Hengrave I have lost count. I can honestly say it is the best venue I have ever worked at and I'm not just saying that because I am a recommended supplier but it and the staff are so nice, you will love it.

If you want to see some slideshows from weddings at Hengrave Hall drop me an email.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I can see why that is annoying, especially when you'd be happy with a straight answer, whatever that may be. Might be worth asking questions in future via email so you get the answers in writing?

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really, who are you dealing with?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

YES! We got married there this year....well we got married in the Fornham church but had everything else at Hengrave.

Most. Amazing. Venue. EVER (of course I am biased!)

service was second to none. Hannah and the team are excellent. Talbooth are Fantastic. We had nothing but compliments from everyone.

Pros....everything. It's beautiful. It's big. It has the most amazing wow factor. They are extremely accommodating. Amazing photo backdrops. The children's room. The quiet room. The have loads of umbrellas If the weather's not great. The food...although you have to have Talbooth, they're pretty cheap as caterers go, ad the food is to die for. They follow your plans to the tee.

cons...you can't get married in the church unless you're Catholic. You will want to go back again and again and again! X

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Yah we loved the church, but they only hold Catholic weddings. They're trying to get agreement from some high up bishop/priesty person, but keep getting turned down. Smiley sad I think the religious weekend thing wasn't necessarily Catholic as a friend of mine at work used to go as a little girl but isn't Catholic....not sure how that works out though. Smiley sad they'll do blessings, but not the whole shebang (although we were told it is very much like the wedding ceremony, only a couple of words different and that most people don't even realise!)

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Ok so just forget the little mistakes re candles etc! So glad you people replied I feel happier now! The place is stunning - oh and had a few tastings at Talbooth - OUTSTANDING food!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Loopz - did you post a wedding report on here - would be keen to have a nose x

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just had a look on your website - great photos - Hengrave has so many nice places to shoot x

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It has hundreds of lovely spots for photos, make sure you have a good look around the grounds ?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I didn't....I never got round to it. *hangs head in shame* I wrote most of it on the aeroplane on the way to honeymoon, but never posted it. I will try to find it this weekend and will write it up and post!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics