Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L

Hen's night costs

littleJ, 9 August, 2012 at 09:56 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi there,

My fellow bridesmaids and I are organising our friends hens night in london from over here in Austrlia.

We have no idea what is an acceptable amount of money to expect people to pay for a hens night. So far we are thinking a high tea and activity in the late afternoon and then drinks and nibbles at a bar for a party.

So what is an accpetable amount of money to expect people to pay?

Thanks from an aussie bridesmaid??

6 replies

Latest activity by pinkle86, 9 August, 2012 at 12:50
  • cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with this myself. I was hoping to go away for the weekend - hire out a big house and do various activities/meals out etc. I have looked around and it comes to an average of £150pp for 2 nights, plus food and drink and activities. However, my bridesmaids seem pretty put out at that cost, whereas work friends think its an absolute bargain!

I think it depends on what people are willing to pay. A night out in London can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it. Are you going to be staying the night? As that tends to ramp the price up.

Personally, i'd be happy to pay a maximum of £150 for a hen party.

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi littleJ,

Welcome to hitched.co.uk! I am sure the wedding planning brides at our end will help with your request, seeing as it is related to the UK.

Be sure to click on the hen party section of this site to be inspired by ideas. Click here to be transferred.

I just wanted to let you know that we also have hitched.com.au, for our Australian wedding planners.

Feel free to register there and join in the Australian discussion forum all about weddings too! Or feel free to mention us to the bride whose hen party you are planning :o)

Fran x

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I guess it depends how far in advance you are planning it. For mine we went to Edinburgh for 2 nights, complete with travel and activities and food, it cost us £200 each but my hens had 9 months notice and they were all fine with it. I think if you are staying over, if you could get a hotel, activity and a meal for £120 that would be acceptable.

• misselle
    Beginner July 2013
    misselle ·
    • Hide content

Cinnamonfairy, I am too hiring a big house for my Hen Party. The one I have booked up in Scotland belongs to the YMCA and can sleep 30 people. for Friday and Sat night hire is £600. All in all with buying food and drink for the two days and having a mad hatters tea party on the sat night its costing us £60 each which I thought was pretty good. The house looks great too and planning on decorating it like Alice in Wonderland. Have a search around because there are pretty cheap houses to be found out there.

• pinkle86
    Beginner September 2012
    pinkle86 ·
    • Hide content

My Hen do has been arranged by my best friend. We have two nights in a hotel, evening at an adult play centre (think slides and ball pits). Next day is spa and treatments onto a meal and dancing. Day two is relaxing game of crazy golf and lunch Smiley smile

SO far the hotel and playzone are £74 so with meal and drinks I'm guessing and total spend of about £150

• C
    Beginner June 2013
    Cette2301 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Adult Playzone sounds AMAZING!!! Where is it?!

• pinkle86
    Beginner September 2012
    pinkle86 ·
    • Hide content

I have never been but it sounds great. it's in Portsmouth and Swansea, there may be others about, but this is a company called playzone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics