Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2012

'here comes the bride flag'

Nicalf08, 16 April, 2012 at 14:28 Posted on Planning 0 12

Anyone know of a uk website I can buy one of these for my pageboy to walk down the aisle with? The only ones I can find are on etsy and I don't fancy paying their delivery and then import charges! Alternatively would anyone know how to make one - i would need idiot proof instructions as I am useless as crafty things and wouldn't have a clue where to buy the bits and pieces as well as get the writing on the flag ?

12 replies

Latest activity by Recycledbride, 17 April, 2012 at 19:02
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

If you can't find one I would recommend buying a plain cotton banner/flag and getting a custom tshirt transfer from eBay and ironing it on yourself.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

If it can't be a profession one do a deliberate 'non professial' one and get the page boy to write it/help writing it then?

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Some good ideas, thanks :-) I like the thought of my son helping with it, maybe I could get him to help make some felt letters or something that can be stuck onto some fabric ? the transfer idea sounds a bit easier, I'll have a think and a look round.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How old is he? Could he help iron a transfer on?

If not, maybe he could customise the back for you. With a secret message only you will see.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

He's only three so any customising would be an angry scrawl with crayons or paints ?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I was envisioning for the front! Which is why I suggested the back ;-)

Just make it yourself and tell him he is very clever being able to carry/wave a flag like that.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I will definitely have to big up the responsibility factor if it's to make it through the five minute car journey and down the aisle without getting chewed, ripped or thrown out the window! But still I don't see why he can't scribble on one side, I'll let him have a practice run :-)

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

If you can PM me, I might be able to help with sourcing materials if it's the burlap/hesian flag that you want. I'll tell you how to do it. I could have a go but I would need to buy in materials which wouldn't be cost effective for you I don't think.

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

Vistaprint do wedding banners of different sizes/fonts....just a thought

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups