Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner

Hertfordshire - bridal hair & make up recommendations

DinesBride, 10 of February of 2011 at 20:11 Posted on Planning 0 23

Does anybody have any recommendations for make up artists and/or hairdressers who cover Hertfordshire?

This is one thing that I am struggling to sort out without having any recommendations.....

23 replies

Latest activity by Scrumptious Make Up (HIB), 6 of November of 2011 at 20:04
  • Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya

Where are you based? My hairdresser does hair and I have been there when she has done wedding parties and it has been beautiful, she is at James Montagu in Bishop's Stortford.

Sorry to hijack your post, but I have just joined and I am based in Hertfordshire...where are you planning on getting married? I am finding everything so overwhelming at the moment, we are just at the beginning so I am really eager to get some ideas from other Herts/Essex brides xx

• D
    Beginner
    DinesBride ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, we're getting married at Brocket Hall Golf Club in Welwyn Garden City. We viewed lots of other venues though but we have around 95 day guests so not all places can accommodate that many people so it became quite restrictive

Have you chosen a venue yet? x

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Ah we haven't visited there - we have two favourites a the moment, Fanhams Hall in Ware and The Reid Rooms in Margaret Roding (Essex)...I think I need to book the venue now really, to sort of get over the first 'hump' otherwise I'll over think it all!! xx

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice venue. Do clarify though any limitations as to how far down the hill from the building your guests will be allowed to go. The golfers get very miffy with anyone near the lake or the pontoon boat...even the bride and groom. The staff are instructed to keep non golfers away from this area.

Are you getting ready there too???? There are some really nice rooms with great features.

Peter

• paddyandlin
    Beginner May 2011
    paddyandlin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You may want to try the two people below both are great very understanding and supportive

Magui we are using for bridesmaids but she also does brides make up - http://magui.co.uk/

Tim he is also our photographer but is qualified in hair and make up as well he has been great https://www.timspiers.com/

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I am a Watford based makeup artist who has worked in over 800 brides in the last 11 years (many of them hitchers!). This is my website where you can see photos and reviews if my work. There's also a link on there to my hitched ad which has 187 reviews on it. Www.bridalmakeupbyjuliet.co.uk Juliet x

• Scrumptious Make Up (HIB)
    Scrumptious Make Up (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am a professional make up artist and cover Hertfordshire. I used to live in stevenage and know the areas very well. I have done make up at Brocket Hall, Fanhams hall and lots of venues around!

My website is www.scrumptiousmakeup.com

Emma xx

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I highly recommend Juliet (I see she has already responded) and Janice at www.finaltouches.org

I have photographed lots of their brides, they were both brilliant, really easy going and friendly.

Good luck on your big day!

All the best

Evelyne

www.epwphotography.co.uk

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant post, I'm a hertfordshire/beds girl too. went to a reception at brocket hall last year, they had an amazing firework display over the lake, consider doing this!!

I am also struggling to find someone for hair and makeup who doesnt cost a fortune. I'm just reluctant to pay £200 to look alittle more glam on the day. But I dont want to look washed out and my makeup falling off, shiny and hair falliing down, which will inevitably will happen even before the 1st dance!

Is this something I should invest in for the day?

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

No wonder about fireworks at Brocket, they are one of the most amazing venue in Herts! Amazing for photos!

If that's a picture of you, you look beautiful anyway so wouldn't worry if you don't want to spend money on make up. Just make sure you put a bit more make up on than usual so you can see it on the photos.

Good luck

Evelyne x

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Evelyne, Thats me in the photo but after a makeover session, not ordinarily that striking, but would like to look this good again on the day, but they properly caked it on! ... Might just go ahead and do it myself and be brave!

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love your photos ! I am in Harpenden and have someone coming on Sunday who charges £50 for the trial and £150 on the day I think !!!!!!!!!! Need all the help I can get ! But I prefer your pics. I am having difficulty understanding your prices though , I am probably being a bit thick !

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love your photos ! I am in Harpenden and have someone coming on Sunday who charges £50 for the trial and £150 on the day I think !!!!!!!!!! Need all the help I can get ! But I prefer your pics. I am having difficulty understanding your prices though , I am probably being a bit thick !

• Hide content

Hi oldgal.

My prices are: Bride: £70 practice, £70 otd

BM's etc: £50 practice, £50 otd.

BM's etc on the wedding day without a previous practice £55

Hope this makes sense. Please feel free to fill out the contact form on my site if you would like me to check availability.

Juliet

www.bridalmakeupbyjuliet.co.uk

• D
    Beginner
    DinesBride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies, it'a really helpful

Fcerrino - I to am reluctant to pay in excess of £200 just on make up for myself particularly as I have 5 others in my bridal party who I will be paying for too, I've got a feeling that I'm just going to 'bite the bullet' though and pay those sorts of costs.

I'm glad Brocket has received so many great comments, of course I'm biased but I think it's absolutely beautiful. I have considered the possibility of fireworks but it all depends on how my budget pans out....

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I got married at Fanhams Hall last year. Lots of good recommendations so far but am happy to recommended my hair and make up ladies if you need?

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I'm based by Welwyn and I'm using this person for my hair and makeup -

http://www.claremua.co.uk/

• M
    Beginner April 2012
    meeeshel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really like you Juliette, and you did my brothers wife's makeup, just can't afford to pay for 2 BM's and £18 travel charge from LB to hemel -(

Shame you're not still in Watford then it'd be ok as I'm sure i could talk some BM's into having theirs done! :-)

• Hide content

Meeshal

You have mail!

Juliet x

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Ive had the same thoughts.. i dont know any hairdressers or make up artists..does anybody know of any in the worcestershire/gloucestershire area? im getting married at Dumbleton hall in 2013. id be grateful too for recommendations!

• Hide content

I can't recommend anyone personally in those areas but if you look at www.makeupadviceforum.co.uk or www.thebridalartists.co.uk there are artists on there covering the whole of the UK. Juliet x

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, will have a look

• J
    Beginner August 2012
    jodieb4 ·
    • Hide content

Great post!! i live in ware and am trying to find someone to do my make up for our wedding on the 25th of aug next year xx

• Scrumptious Make Up (HIB)
    Scrumptious Make Up (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I cover all areas of cambridgeshire, hertfordshire (used to live in stevenage - and still go down there a lot). I offer great prices for bridal make up packages (mother of brides, bridesmaids etc) so please do get in touch and I can help you. :-)

Emma x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics