Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Hertfordshire/ Stevenage budget venue???

claireannette@hotmail.co.uk, 1 of September of 2015 at 08:52 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi guys. We have just started planning our wedding and ideas of having our reception in a friends country pub has gone out the window. The list is just too big! I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a NICE venue within 30 minutes of Stevenage that would fit 60-80 guests please? Don't mind decorating but the only experience I have is of stinky community centres. I'm seriously starting to get disheartened that our magical day is going to turn into a disappointment. Thanks guys x

6 replies

Latest activity by TrixieSaurus, 3 of September of 2015 at 16:15
  • TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

What's your budget? Really depends what you're looking for and how much you're wanting to spend. We looked at a few venues around the area. I've been to a wedding at Tewin Bury farm a couple of years ago which was amazing! We went to look at Tudor Oaks too which was lovely inside! The pictures didn't do it justice in our opinion. It's right on the A1M (which was a downside for us at the time we went to be honest, but it was over a year ago and I;m not sure what it looks like now) I think they were doing an offer all in with cake/DJ included at the time for £7000 (I think that was 60 guests, can't remember exactly though!).

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

If you're willing to go a little further check out Chiltern Open Air Museum too (about 45 mins I think). You can choose your own caterers and there's no corkage from what I remember Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner
    claireannette@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

We don't have a budget as yet! Literally trying to get an idea... I have fallen in love with Tewin Bury Farm and they have done a great price for the day but I'm feeling very overwhelmed by all the extra bits. This is scary stuff!

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    luckysparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hi, how about the Three Lakes at Westmill Farm in Ware. They have a smaller room and a larger barn which is beautiful x

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    willow_rose ·
    • Hide content

Hiya.

Have you had a look at springfield house in the old town? Lovely garden area. We are about to book church farm in Ardeley. Is it just the reception your looking for?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This would be an excelelnt option...

Peter

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is lovely! It wasn't exclusive, so there were 2 or 3 weddings all on the same eve, but my friend had the barn on the end (not sure what they're all called and what the capacity was) but it meant that it was more private and there weren't guests going through her reception all night.

It is quite daunting in the beginning! We made a list of all the things we needed/wanted and then decided what was priority and what we would compromise. Good luck! Let us know what venue you choose Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics