Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Hertfordshire Venue Tips and Prices

maris1111, 8 January, 2010 at 13:45

Posted on Planning 75

Hello People I got engaged in August and due to both of us doing professional exams etc until December we have only really now started looking at venues now for summer 2011. Looking for some advice on venues for weddings in Herts, we have currently been to Letchworth Hall which is great for the £5k...

Hello People

I got engaged in August and due to both of us doing professional exams etc until December we have only really now started looking at venues now for summer 2011.

Looking for some advice on venues for weddings in Herts, we have currently been to Letchworth Hall which is great for the £5k package deal they have for 100 guests – we told them that we would have 80 at the ceremony and breakfast and 120 in the evening which they are fine with.

We also went to see Ponsbourne Park which is lovely, there is a bar in the back of the room where you get married which put me off a bit, the package they offer is only midweek/off peak deals and we need a Saturday as all my family are in Leicester and beyond and without the package its really really really expensive!

Also been looking at the Three Lakes place online and they seem to be coming out also pretty reasonable at about £5,500, but it doesn’t include a lot of the things the Letchworth Package does (eg DJ, hotel room).

One of my friends colleagues got married at Fanhams Hall and said they have a great package but I haven’t seen any and when I cost it up independently its coming to about £9k. That was a couple of years ago though, I have dropped them an email.

We'd rather spend as little as possible in this respect, would rather not go over £6.5k if possible. We're veering towards Letchworth at the moment, has anyone got married there and can advise how it went?

Also thinking of going to take a look at Ware Priory at some point, I think they have an open day on the 17th.

I look forward to receiving any tips and advice, we currently live in Potters Bar.

Thanks

Clare

75 replies

• Hayley C
    Beginner July 2021 Bedfordshire
    Hayley C ·
    • Hide content

Hi Clare

I got married a while ago now (3 years scarily) at Letchworth Hall Hotel and cannot recommend it highly enough...the staff and hotel were absolutely brilliant - nothing was too much trouble, and the Great Hall and grounds make for beautiful photos ?

Whereever you chose, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant day and CONGRATULATIONS!

Hayley

(who used to be known as 'The Future Mrs Robinson' in case anyone remembers me)

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hayley who??? Only joking...of course we remember you.....

Your venue is indeed very nice....I even remember it before the wing extension.....

Peter

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hayley!

I love the Letchworth Hall Hotel - one of their co-ordinators is also one of my wedding planning students! Lovely to see you back on here.

Debbie xx

• Hayley C
    Hayley C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oi Cheeky ? Oh and in case you're wondering why I'm over here on WP - I only popped in to post at RAHK ?

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Literally just over the border is Quendon Hall and thay are doing some aaaammmazing deals at the moment, well worth the look...

https://quendonhall.co.uk/

Pete x

• Hayley C
    Hayley C ·
    • Hide content

Hi Debbie - long time no speak!!!

Hope you're well....I didn't know you had students now - good for you ? Glad to see your business is expanding.

• M
    Beginner April 2010
    mattw79 ·
    • Hide content

If you want to stay nearer the M1 side of Herts you could try Moor Park mansion - been to a few events there and it's a lovely venue.

We're actually getting married in Herts too, we've booked the DeVere venue - Hunton Park, in Abbotts Langley - could be worth a look for you too.

• Hayley C
    Hayley C ·
    • Hide content

Hunton Park is lovely - stunning grounds.....two of our friends got married there a couple of years ago

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

Hunton Park is lovely - it's only about half a mile from where I live! The grounds are fantastic and it's really quiet. Definitely worth a look.

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'm a tutor for an online wedding planning course and I've got over 180 students! I have just started teaching venues how to manage weddings as well. I'm fed up with venues treating weddings in the same way as conferences!

• Hayley C
    Hayley C ·
    • Hide content

Good for you - sounds exciting......can you get venues to stop adding extra ££ just for mentioning the 'W' word ?

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll see what I can do but don't hold your breath! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics