Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner February 2015

Hessian advice

jemster, 20 of January of 2015 at 14:39 Posted on Planning 0 1

I decided that I could work hessian runners into my wedding scheme. I've just received the batch I ordered and have had a look at it. It looks fine but it does have loose looking threads in the body of it that look like they could unravel and leave holes. Following advice I had decided I would wash and iron the hessian before making the runners. I knew this may mean fraying at the edges which would have to be cut off but there's plenty to play with so that's ok, but I'm thinking surely if I wash it some of these loose threads will turn into holes.

I think holes in the actual body of hessian runner will just look awful rather than charming and rustic. I originally was looking a runners made of cotton, as usual, but it was working out quite expensive and all for tables that we'll never see again.

So I started looking at hessian as a second choice but now it's grown on me and is actually my preferred choice over the cotton! However, I still have time to order ready made runners in cotton if I do it now and thinking may save heartache if I just do that instead of looking like I've got moth eaten old sacking on my table!?

1 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 21 of January of 2015 at 22:33
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    MusicalJules ·
    • Hide content

I love the hessian look too, can I ask where you ordered them from? Not sure I can give you any advice about whether to go for it, I probably would as when all the things are on the table, you will probably not even notice!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Could you hand wash 1, iron and see how it goes? I'd avoid the washing machine, and possibly even just dampen then iron, rather than wash at all. I've never used hessian, so just guessing here- I'm sure a more experiences hitcher can help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics