Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KarenJane
Beginner June 2013

Hessian & Lace for jar decorating

KarenJane, 17 of May of 2013 at 12:40 Posted on Planning 0 8

Afternoon everyone

I am decorating hundreds of jars with lace and hessian - I have got quite a bit of lace from markets etc but need lots more and also hessian so my question of the day is where did you source yours from? Is ebay the answer? also is there a certain type that i need and FINALY! whats the best glue to stick all of this onto glass jars?

Thank you!! x

8 replies

Latest activity by S108HAN, 17 of May of 2013 at 21:09
  • minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

I have started doing mine but at the moment I am unsure wether I will finish them as I may have changed my mind to what I am doing.

I got hessian from a material shop. I have also got it from ebay (this was to make my table runners)

Lace I got from HobbyCraft.

I used a glue gun to do mine so it didnt discolour the lace

• KarenJane
    Beginner June 2013
    KarenJane ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely! - Really like the string as well. Will have a look at hobby craft thank you. x

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from ebay and used a glue from tescos that was a pound that somebody recommended (can't remember name, sorry). Its stuck it on really well.

• KarenJane
    Beginner June 2013
    KarenJane ·
    • Hide content

Thank you MissBertie - Will have a look for that - cant go wrong for £1!!! ?

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I think it was called fix and glu?

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I got masses very cheap from www.theribbongirl.com. I ordered mix and match. Some of it is individual lengths of lace ribbon, some is a large piece of ribbon I have cut up, and twine. Also, hessian on ebay.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'd say shop around before going to Hobbycraft! It's very over priced. I've always bought lace from ebay, I used double sided tape to stick it to the jars, so it's 'dry' and then put ribbon over the top of where the tape is so that there isn't any sticky coming though the lace. I've not tried to do this with hessian sorry so can't say!

I'm away to look at that ribbon girl site!

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used double sided tape too. Works on ribbon and twine. Also, I got some 3M sticky micro dots things to do the save the dates, and they were very strong. I would reccomend them.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Never thought of using hessian before but we buy it in work on a industrial scale. Might get crafty with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics