Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2014

Hessian/Burlap - vintage chic theme, flash

Adamjsiddle, 15 of June of 2014 at 21:17 Posted on Planning 0 14

We are having a vintage chic theme style reception and we would like to see if anyone has had this style wedding or plans to and would like to share there ideas or what they had at their wedding. Would be nice to see if anyone's used hessian anywhere.

We plan to have hessian & lace table runners and silverware pockets. I'll attach a picture of the silverware pockets that we are making for ours! We have peach & mint colour theme also so 20 of the pockets will be peach edged lace and button and 20 will be mint edged lace and button Smiley smile. Look forward to seeing some pics!

14 replies

Latest activity by Adamjsiddle, 2 of July of 2014 at 18:00
  • A
    Beginner August 2014
    Adamjsiddle ·
    • Hide content

• Ladykake
    Beginner November 2014
    Ladykake ·
    • Hide content

These look great! I am having hessian/ lace to go with our barn wedding in November. Im going to have floating candles, in glass jars to act as name places! I'm looking to do the cutlery holder too, and table runners. My centrepieces will be slithers of logs with pumpkin vases on!

Hope that makes sense! Would love to see the other bits you've got to!

• Ladykake
    Beginner November 2014
    Ladykake ·
    • Hide content

These are our jars (I have no idea why they are upside down!!)

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    catnor ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

I was insistent that I was not having a theme but my love of lace and hessian (and Kraft paper) has taken over - oops.

Sorry some of pics are tiny

Just Married hessian bunting

Ring cushion

Guest Book

Wands

Our favours will be jam jars decorated in the same style as the invitations, filled with sweets. Labels attached to the jars will serve as place settings.

Am still undecided about table runners - I really wanted them but budget is shot. You can get gorgeous hessian aisle runners too but we are having an outside ceremony so I would certainly trip over on one.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a slightly rustic theme in a barn with these hessian/lace bits and bobs. We wanted some colour in there as well, so have mixed it with a slightly nautical element. Hopefully it will work! None of it was that intentional, but I am pleased with how it is all looking!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Hope that these help

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

These all look gorgeous ladies! love them!

can i ask - where did you get your hessian ribbon from? (ebay?) and also, those of you sticking it to jars - what glue did you use?

I am getting itchy feet and want to start crafting and the jars will be the best thing for me to start doing!

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    Adamjsiddle ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    Adamjsiddle ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    Adamjsiddle ·
    • Hide content

Little hessian bags for the flower girls to put confetti in. Complete with a drawstring twine, matching lining and personalised names with the wedding date on!

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

What a coincidence, I've also chosen a rustic/earthy theme but didn't want the colours to be all too neutral so have decided splashes of coral and mint will add some nice contrast! Keep sharing your ideas, I'd love to see them!

heres the link to my wedding Pinterest board

http://uk.pinterest.com/kirstiesarah51/weddings/

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

What a coincidence, I've also chosen a rustic/earthy theme but didn't want the colours to be all too neutral so have decided splashes of coral and mint will add some nice contrast! Keep sharing your ideas, I'd love to see them!

heres the link to my wedding Pinterest board

http://uk.pinterest.com/kirstiesarah51/weddings/

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    Adamjsiddle ·
    • Hide content

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    Adamjsiddle ·
    • Hide content

Little sack is for seeds we're going to have rainbow rose seeds in them for our favours. The flowers are just random don't know what we'll use them for yet. I'll upload my sweet jars shortly

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics