Dawn, 30 of March of 2024 at 20:21 Posted on Planning 0 7
Is everyone partners getting involved with all the prep

7 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 14 of April of 2024 at 21:37
  • Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Hello Dawn, sometimes I photograph joint preparations where the Bride and Groom are getting ready in the same room, its not common but I personally feels it add's a nice twist to the day as it's quite intimate and emotional.

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    My husband was involved in every stage of the wedding planning, with the exception of buying my dress, however he even helped me choose my shoes and came with me when I went to look at hair accessories. We used to have “Wedmin Wednesdays”, so each Wednesday evening, we’d review emails, suppliers, the cost spreadsheets, upcoming tasks etc. and we’d take an equal load. I’m more organised than he is, so I technically probably did more but he was involved in all decisions, and it felt like an equal load to me.

Each couple will be different, learning how to share big projects & life decisions, openly communicating through what is often a stressful ordeal will look different for everyone. As long as you both are happy & feeling involved & supported by each other, the amount each of you contributes to the wedding prep is up to you guys.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Online ·
    • Hide content

I think my husband did more planning than I did! He had much more definite ideas on what he wanted. The only thing I did completely on my own was picking out what I wore - I'd have been happy for him to have input into that too, but he's a real traditionalist and wanted me to surprise him!

As long as you're both happy with the levels of involvement, it really doesn't matter if he plans most of it, you plan most of it or you do everything together. One person feeling like they've been lumbered with all the work or one person feeling like they don't get a look in is a sign something needs to change.

• Ingrid
    Beginner September 2024 South West London
    Ingrid ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agree!! Smiley smile we usually do the same as you guys did!
  • E
    Beginner December 2024 Surrey
    Esha ·
    • Hide content
    Its just me. I ask his opinion. He gives it. I mean I say I like this etc and he just pays the invoices lol
  • D
    Beginner August 2024 Staffordshire
    Dawn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lmao 😂 that's good
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Initially, no.. but as we’ve got closer (15 weeks out) there’s definitely been a peak in interest and sorting stuff out.

I think that tends to be the way as final decisions have to be made etc however when I was sourcing suppliers and ideas before he had no interest whatsoever! I wouldn’t get too upset about it though, that’s what bridesmaids are for in the early days! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics