Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs-HFA
Beginner December 2012

Hi and suggestions for wedding bands in Glasgow??

Mrs-HFA, 6 January, 2011 at 12:36 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi ladies,

Since I'll be hanging about for a bit, I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Sandra and recently engaged to Steve. A very surprise engagement, all very romantic on the Banks of Loch Lomond on a very, very snowy Sunday afternoon, it was perfect.

We've started the ball rolling with booking our venue of House For An Art Lover for 22/12/12.

Other than our venue we have nothing else arranged, not that I think we need to do much at this early stage mind you. We are however looking for some suggestions re-a wedding band. DF is in a band himself so I know he's gonna be fairly particular in who we have!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated....

I look forward to getting to know you all over the next 2 years!

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-HFA, 6 January, 2011 at 22:38
  • P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

Hello there!

Im a Glasgow bride too, welcome to Hitched! I have seen a good couple of bands one being Fudge Machine and the other I cant actually remember - sorry but I will repost when it comes back to me!! The best thing to do is go onto Hireaband.co.uk who showcase all the bands, you can view all the bands by price and listen to them online. Hireaband will tell you when the next showcase evening is so that you can go along and see all of them! xx

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that, hadn't heard of that company - a great starting place for us. When are you due to get wed and where? Really have no clue so would be great to steal ideas of local suppliers etc. Will check out Fudge Machine too.

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sandra

Welcome to Hitched!

Also, check out http://www.partysounds.co.uk. It's one of the better band directories out there featuring 100s of bands who will be available in your area.

Happy hunting!

James

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married on 9th April at No 10 Queens Drive in the South Side, pretty much organised although im sure I will forget something!!!

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Thanks James, will check that out too.

Oh, just had a peek at your venue, lovely. I didn't realised they done weddings now, given that I'm originally from the southside I'm clearly not up to speed! Not long till April ?

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thanks, we are just having a small wedding of 20 during the day and then a party at night so this was perfect for us! House for an Art Lover is gorgeous, my cousin got married there a few years ago!

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I used to live a 10 minute walk from house of an art lover up until about 6 months ago!! It's a lovely venue inside. I'm getting married at the Glenbverie house hotel in Larbert.

The band I booked is called bigtime and I found them on one of the band directories, can't remember which one though....

I struggled to find a band that my OH really liked, every band I suggested He said "yeah they sound good, you choose whichever one you like" without any real emotion to suggest that he liked them too. And I was determined to find one that he really liked, as I didn't want to be the one making all the decisions. I didn't want it to feel like "MY" wedding, it's meant to be "OURS", and bigtime made him sit up and really listen to them!

Another band which I really liked, who played at my friends wedding were called ERNEST. My work colleague's 2 daughters are getting married in 2012 and have booked them too, apparantly when they went to see a showcase of them, there was a huge que of engaged couples waiting to book them.

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Im a glasgow bride, i have booked the JB band you can watch loads of videos of them on their website, we went to see them play in irvine, we realy liked them and booked them straight away.

Sx

• J
    Beginner June 2011
    jen_hhl ·
    • Hide content

We have booked a band called No Shame. They came highly recommended from 2 different people, we went to hear them rehearse. We were really chuffed they were available for our date. Think recommendations are they best way to go. Jx

• justpeachy81
    Beginner October 2011
    justpeachy81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've booked Ernest, based purely on the songs on their website and also the amazing testimonials on there too! Another band which we almost booked are called Franco - they were excellent live, and price was reasonable too!

Good luck choosing someone!

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    Bride2b27 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sandra

We got our band through musicscotland, they also showcase bands, Franco being one of them (we went to see tham and they were really good).

I found it really helpful to go and see the bands as al;though we heard a few different ones nothing compared to the first band we saw, we just felt comfortable with them.

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much for your repiies, that's been a great help.

I emailed Ernest and they are available on our date, they're showcasing in Arta in February - so will def nip along there to see them. Also, liking the sound of 'Franco'.

Thanks again.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics