Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrandMrsFord
Beginner November 2011

Hibiscus flowers for your bouquet/table center?

MrandMrsFord, 5 June, 2011 at 19:17 Posted on Planning 0

Hey guys!

I am keen on having the hibiscus flower play a part at our wedding. I have the ones you put in the champagne for our first toasts in the rose garden at the chapel but I wondered if I could go any further, the reason is that my favourite flower is the tulip, but they are out of season...and the hibiscus flower is going to be my next tattoo when I get down to a size 10 again (i'm a 12 now, with the odd pair of 14 jeans, depends on the shop lol) and so I thought maybe I could find a way for the hibiscus to play a part.

Our florist has said to come in and book/plan all the flowers and center pieces when my back has healed properly, as I had surgery 2 weeks ago, and although I am doing really well, I can still only sit and stand for like 30 mins at a time before changing position or laying down so...I'll be going in 2 or 3 weeks time...

Now...does anyone know can you get hibiscus flowers in the UK for weddings? I mean real ones obviously......my theme is purple and I read that hibiscus purple flowers only flower for one day, but how about the normal ones? Are they a flower that florists over here can get hold or at all?

If I cannot have them, maybe purple hibiscus floating candles in our fish bowl center pieces will have to do! lol!

xox

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics