Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Curious August 2023 North West London

High chair age range

Dee, 20 of July of 2023 at 08:21 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3
Hi,

Im looking for a bit of guidance for age ranges for high chairs. I’ve searched previous forums which says ‘up to aged 2’, but can’t find anything on the age babies will need a high chair from!
I was assuming any babies over a year, but I don’t have kids so i’m a bit clueless. For example, we have two 8 month olds and a 6 month old coming, would their parents expect one?
Id rather not ask the guests because we may be short on space depending on RSVPs so would like the option of the younger sitting on laps if it’s an absolute must!
Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Michael, 24 of August of 2023 at 07:00
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    We had a 4 month old at our wedding and he was in a high chair for most of dinner. I would expect parents of 6 & 8 month olds to want one. It will allow the parents to eat as each course is served, rather than take it in turns to hold baby/eat which could delay your food service.
  • D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks that’s helpful! So would you say from 4months and above would need a high chair?
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Any younger than 4 months and they probably can't hold their head up so you wouldn't put them in a high chair. If you had a guest younger than 4 months then they could stay in a pram so position them on a table at the side of the room.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics