Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

High Chairs for Wedding Breakfast?

MAG2FMC, 3 June, 2012 at 19:56 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello -

We will have a 18 mo old and a 13 mo old at our wedding breakfast. Do we need to get high chairs for them?? What is typically done, or what did you do? (I don't think our venue has them on hand so I'd need to find a hire company with them?)

Sorry, I am hopeless when it comes to child stuff!

Thanks!!!

8 replies

Latest activity by ESW, 4 June, 2012 at 07:59
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I would say yes, the 13 month old almost definitely, the 18 month old may be hit or miss but better to have one just in case. you can get cheap high chairs from Ikea for £10 each, just plain white plastic ones, they're good! You might have to pay extra for a tray, can't remember.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Speak to the venue first - ours said they have 3 can be used. Anyone else will have to bring their own. I'll be speaking to the parents and if they want to bring their child they can bring some kind of foldable high chair. Sourcing high chairs is not really on my priority list!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I asked the venue for one for an 18 month old, which they put out for her.

Literally as the guests were sitting down, another couple asked for one for their 2 and a bit year old (they hadn't asked for one and my 2yr old niece doesn't need one so I assumed she'd be ok), so the venue soon sorted another out.

Does that help at all? Haha

• E
    Beginner August 2013
    Emma-BudgetBride ·
    • Hide content

My 18 month old still uses a highchair so I would say yes, If your venue has them it would be better to provide them. If they don't, I would ask the parents if they could bring a chair or booster seat.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Our venue did not have any high chairs at all (which didn't matter, as we didn't have children to dinner). But had I expected any without warning, I'd have been stuck. Definitely don't rely on your venue!

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

They usually supply them but if not i agree with ikea! id be annoyed if i had to sit a 13 month old on my knee lol

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

If i was you i would just explain to the parents that if the children need highchairs to dropthe ones they have at the venue x thats if the venue doesnt supply them x

• cford09
    Beginner March 2013
    cford09 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue provide them and my chair cover lady supplies free sashes to tie to the back of them to pretty them up a bit. Although we went to our venue the other day and it was all set up for a wedding later in the day and the high chairs they have are bright green and blue stripey ones which looked really odd with the white and pink colour scheme they had! And that's our colour scheme too! :-/

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Our venue supply them I just need to let them know how many and where the child is sitting. I put a note on the invites for the one I thought would need a highchair is they wanted one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics