Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2019

High Rocks, Tunbridge Wells - feedback?

ExpensiveOrangeCakes980, 1 of November of 2017 at 23:49 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi,

We're considering booking High Rocks for our wedding in 2019 but we're a bit worried about the terms and conditions and how strict they are with the suppliers you use.

Does anyone have any feedback on their wedding at High Rocks and how the planning process went?

Thanks!

1 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 4 of November of 2017 at 20:56
  • F
    Beginner June 2019
    Fiona1987 ·
    • Hide content

Heya,

its funny, I was just talking about this place a month or so ago with a friend who's sister got married at High Rocks (over the summer). Overall the day was nice and the rocks were the obvious wow point and made for some lovely pictures but... she did say that if she were to plan it again, she probably would have picked elsewhere. I think this was much to what you have mentioned above. High Rocks was picked mainly for the location and the photo opportunities but when it's your wedding day, there's so much more to it and once you've seen the Rocks, you've seen them.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

There's an issue with suppliers at the venue in that only those who are on the suppliers list can be used.

The nearby rocks are great for photos but when I shot there they had three weddings on at a similar time.

But that's why they need to be strict with the suppliers, in that there's all sorts of level of professional and people not used to working at the venue can cause problems for the other couples (imagine bumping into another bride outside when you are meant to be having your photos because a photographer insists on having a certain amount of time for your pictures).

So it stands to reason WHY they do it but if you don't like any of the suppliers you're stuck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics